first adjustment (pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pippy

first adjustment (pics)

#1 Post by pippy »

So yesterday was adjustment 1...just as well coz those clear ligs were gone a lovely shade reminiscent of dirty old elastic bands on mail!! Was trying to be inconspicuous (hence the clear) then realised that with two bloody great springs in the front of ym gob I was far from inconspicuous lol so went for silver this time...lets see what red wine does to these babies!

Adjustment was sore but quick....only sore as teeth were still sensitive coz moving a lot...funny watching ortho trying to hold tooth, hold two tools and stretch the ligs at the same time - we ended up with ligs flying everywhere and him smacking me in the teeth with the pliers.....not quite the desired result lol. But at least he tried :)

Had just got back into the real food (it took 5 weeks to be able to chew again) and now we are back to much...think this one will fix up a lot faster though, damn, there goes all that nice early weight loss :wink:

So here's a piccy of day one in braces for comparison...and a piccy of today. Am pretty pleased. Looking forward to my wee shy laterals joining their buddies on the wire some day soon..............noth that it has anything to do with wanting rid of the springs..... :lol: 2 front teeth in a straight line - who'da thought lol

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Holy mackerel, smacked in the kisser with ortho tools - you poor thing!

Great progress in 5 weeks, pippy. The silver ligs look excellent and hopefully they are red wine resistant.

pippy

#3 Post by pippy »

Hi

Thanks for the replies. Bashed by the ortho and I wasn't even being too wimpy...well I was, but shhhhhh :oops:

Karen, will post to the ligs colour - thanks for suggestion. I remember wandering through it trying to find silver or pearl ones :)

wiredkitty

#4 Post by wiredkitty »

Awesome progress. I am on day 20 and my two front teeth were also crossed over like yours and have moved a bit - I hope they are side by side like yours by the time of my 1st adjustment on Sept 21.

32yr old Kiwi
Braces on 10 August 06
1st adjustment 21 Sept 06
2nd adjustment 6 Nov 06
Surgery in a year
Expected treatment time: 24 months

pippy

#5 Post by pippy »

Wiredkitty - most of the decent movement in mine happened in the past two weeks....weeks 1 & 2 they movied a little but the past couple straightened them out nicely, definitely a good feeling!!!
Already after adjustment they are on the move again and I've got the weeniest gap between those front two with all the food getting stuck there..certainly not a problem I've ever experienced before lol :oops:
Hope your first adjustment brings you as much excitement!

jaxxie118

#6 Post by jaxxie118 »

Your top two teeth have really straightened out, that's awesome progress. Sorry to hear about getting hit in the mouth by the ortho, it happens lol. :mrgreen:
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

Joanna20

#7 Post by Joanna20 »

That is some really nice progress!
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Lisa65

#8 Post by Lisa65 »

Looking good pippy, and i think the silver ligs look great.

MS1

#9 Post by MS1 »

Wow! Great progress in a short period of time.
FYI - I have silver ligs and drink red wine and coffee on a regular basis. No staining to report.

joney

#10 Post by joney »

Pippy, isn't it amazing how quickly teeth can move. I am really pleased for you, the movement is very clear to see. :D
Regards
Joney

Leslie022

#11 Post by Leslie022 »

Nice progress!!! :)
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top