Taking Good Pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gunter8888

Taking Good Pics

#1 Post by gunter8888 »

How do you all take such great pics of your upper and lower arches (looking up/down)?

I got a new digital camera for my birthday two weeks ago and I just can't seem to get it right.

What's the trick?
Expander in 8/9/06
Lowers on 11/30/06
Uppers on / Expander gone on 1/31/2007
Class III elastics added 3/14/2007
Expander #2 - 6/27/2007
20-24 months w/ fixed metal braces

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

What the great and wounderful KK said is what I did with my camera!

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

About a year ago there was a poster on here who was a professional photographer and I put up this same topic. His reply was to plug the camera into the TV and then use it as your monitor to see how the picture looks or to have someone else tell you how it looks (since they can see it so big and clear).

Hopefully your camera came with a cable (yellow/red) to plug into your TV. Otherwise, follow Kiwi's advice and take lots so you can pick the best!!

I just bought a new camera (still waiting for Amazon to deliver) so I can take better ones as my old camera just can't do it. :( Camera limitations have been a problem for me.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Xero

#4 Post by Xero »

IMO, I think the most important tip is to use something to stabilize the camera. A tripod, shelf, etc.
About three years since being braced. Changed ortho twice, so it's hard to keep track.

A very special thanks to KK & linda21 for constantly reading my log. Thanks!

~CanadianChick~

#5 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

Mine just get too bright and you cant really see detail.. :(
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

KJM

#6 Post by KJM »

~CanadianChick~ wrote:
Mine just get too bright and you cant really see detail.. :(
I find that turning off the flash and going to a window for natural light really helped solve this.
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Lisa65

#7 Post by Lisa65 »

The best way is to get somebody else to do it for you!

My husband does mine as he's a keen photographer and has all the gear. He uses a macro lens and a ring flash which gives even lighting.