T/F: Will you get white squares on your teeth from smoking?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

r4zz0

T/F: Will you get white squares on your teeth from smoking?

#1 Post by r4zz0 »

I've been telling myself yes over and over again in order to stop smoking but I have to know, is this true or not? I haven't had a cigarette for a week and a half but with labor day weekend coming up I'm sure I'll find myself in a social atmosphere where I'd want to have a cigarette or two. Anyone have any personal experience in this?

joney

#2 Post by joney »

I hope that the answer to your question is no as I am a smoker. Well done for stopping for that length. You should consider yourself a non smoker now. You can't be a heavy smoker if you can go that long without a ciggie so I wouldn't have thought that an occassional smoke would cause staining but as a pack a day girl (please, no lectures, I know it is bad) there could be some serious staining I would have thought. Hope somebody responds. I will ask the ortho when I have my consultation as it is a serious concern for me to.

braceface75

#3 Post by braceface75 »

I smoked the whole 21 months I had braces and had no marks. I used targon every night and I rinsed my mouth with water after each cigarette. I'm not saying you couldn't get marks on your teeth though.
Michele

Braces and elastics since August 26,2004
Removable expander removed June 16,2005
Braces removed June 2,2006

Joual

#4 Post by Joual »

My co-worker smokes and she got her braces off recently. She doesn't have any marks on her teeth.