Got My Lowers Braced Today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MS1

Got My Lowers Braced Today!

#1 Post by MS1 »

It’s official! I’m a metal mouth! I got my lowers on today (got my uppers in May) and boy, what a difference. When I smile, it’s all metal. I don’t mind though. Looking forward to the end result.

I’ve read quite a few posts about people’s negative experiences with their ortho, so I wanted to say something positive about mine. As I mentioned above, I got my lowers braced today. One of my ortho’s new assistants was attempting to do some of the prep work and clearly was having a difficult time remembering the steps, doing the sanding, etc. I voiced my concern and another assistant jumped in to help. I have a bridge and a crown so I mentioned that I would appreciate them being careful with the etching, etc. My ortho noticed I was uneasy and starting to stress. He jumped right in and said he would do all of the work himself. I was so relieved. He could have let the girls fumble their way through (with direction from him) until they got to his part of the procedure, but he didn’t and I was grateful. Alls well that ends well.

tamsteve

lower

#2 Post by tamsteve »

Congrats....on your lower braces :-)o I will be getting my lowers in 4 wks...so i am so ready to get it done!!! I'm nervous because my lowers are the most crooked so, i'm thinking it will be more pain!

Blonde_Metal04

#3 Post by Blonde_Metal04 »

Congrats on the lowers!
I got uppers and lowers all at once, so I must say, you're lucky that you got to get used to the pain of the uppers before the lowers went on :)!

Im glad you had a good experience, and its wonderful to hear that you have such a caring Ortho!

:thumbsup:
Spacers: 08/09/2006

not2worry39212

#4 Post by not2worry39212 »

Congratulations on getting your lowers! :banana: At my last adjustment my ortho said it won't be long until I get mine too. I've had little if any problems with the uppers but I'm scared to death :shock: when I'm finally full metal, I'm gonna feel the affects....

PaulKariya

#5 Post by PaulKariya »

I think I maybe getting my lowers sometime in the next couple weeks, I don't think it will effect my smile because usually I just smile with my uppers. But I was wondering which one's hurt more?

ssfw

#6 Post by ssfw »

Hi MS1,

Congratulations on getting your lower braces today and glad the process went smoothly. I thought that was so kind of your orthodontist to "step in" and do all of the work when he felt you were a bit stressed. That sounds like something my orthodontist would do. I feel so fortunate to have such a kind orthodontist in addition to his wonderful staff. I hope you will adjust well to your lower braces.

I will be getting my lower braces next week on 9/7/06 and am hoping I will be able to get the ceramic brackets but will be fine if I have to go with the metal brackets. I also got my upper braces in May. I just hope the process of having my lower braces will go as smoothly as my upper braces. I have had no pain or discomfort from the upper braces or powerchain.

Keep us posted.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

MS1

#7 Post by MS1 »

Ok, so I'm dying here. :( I was in so much pain last night, that I took a vicodin left over from vocal cord surgery. Then I woke up at 3:00 a.m. in pain again. Ouch!! I did try KK's suggestion of salt water rinses and they were surprisingly soothing. Think I'll be doing that many times today. I'll also be taking Meryaten's advice on the wax. I have these 2 odd brackets on my 2 lower front teeth that are rubbing pretty bad. Thanks for all the tips! Time to take some more advil.