**SO Excited! * Getting Naked - sooner than I thought.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lyn

**SO Excited! * Getting Naked - sooner than I thought.

#1 Post by Lyn »

Hey all!

I had my adjustment this week........went in thinking it was a regular one. New ligs and more bends in the wires.

NOPE! . . . . Dr. says, 'so how's things going?' and I'm like GREAT, though I'm ready for them to be off. (knowing in my mind that I still have lots of months left).

Well, he says 'Well, not next month but the month after, they WILL come off!' :HugeGrin:

I couldn't believe my ears! My original sentence was 18-24 months. Then he said MAYBE Xmas, now NOVEMBER!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm floating on cloud nine! I believe it is going to be a very long "2months" ahead of me though.
But then - - I'm Naked, y'all!!!! [[[crossing fingers]]] :banana:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

LP

#2 Post by LP »

OMG that's awesome!!! You must be jsut beside yourself. I'm and 18-24 monther as well and am going at it with the mid-set that it may go longer so if it happend earlier I might just wet myself with excitement :lol:

Attagirl2

#3 Post by Attagirl2 »

Super Lyn. :jump: I know how you feel about them coming off, as mine are coming off soon, too. It's been worth it, but I am tired of them....
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

stargirl

#4 Post by stargirl »

Yay! You must be so thrilled! I know I was when I found out that mine are coming off soon! I'm a little afraid to ask the exact date in fear of being disappointed, but in two weeks we'll be discussing retainers! :D

At least you've got something to look forward to for the next 2 months... debanding will be an early Xmas present!

Samantha08

#5 Post by Samantha08 »

Congratulations!!!!! How wonderful to get them off so early!! I get fitted for my bonded retainer this month, so Im hoping to get mine off in November too!!! We'll be debracing buddies, lol! :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

Lyn

#6 Post by Lyn »

I'm a little afraid to ask the exact date in fear of being disappointed, but in two weeks we'll be discussing retainers!
I know what you mean.......I was even afraid to post that I might be getting them off, but I'm so excited, I had to tell someone!

I am really nervous about the retainers, after reading the other forums on retainers...................I know it will be fine though!
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

jaxxie118

#7 Post by jaxxie118 »

Congrats on getting a debanding date. That's awesome news!! I can't wait to see pictures of your naked teeth. Good luck. :mrgreen:
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months