The best electric toothbrush for my teeth?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bren123

The best electric toothbrush for my teeth?

#1 Post by bren123 »

Hi! I've tried different manual and electric toothbrush before, but all of them seemed to be to rough for my teeth, so can anyone recommend me a good electric toothbrush? Someone told me that the Phillips Sonicare is the best, but I will listen to a few more replies before I spend hundreds of dollars on this toothbrush!

Thanks and have a nice long weekend! :D

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

I second that!

I splashed out and bought myself a Sonicare just before getting braced and I think it works great. It's not rough at all but does a great job at cleaning.

Tin Indian

toothbrush

#3 Post by Tin Indian »

bren123,
I asked the same toothbrush question on my regular dentist on Monday, I told them I had an Oral B ( a fancy one with a 2 minute timer built in) and wondered if that would still be good enough even though I was getting braces on Friday ( yesterday). They told me they would recomend Sonic Care over My Oral B but what I had was still good enough over manual brushing.Hope this helps.
Tin Indian -over and out

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

My orthodontist told me Sonic Care also is a great toothbrush, so I guess when I get the money I'll be going out and buying me a sonic care toothbrush!

SDFD TSchott
CODE 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

Rotadent. It has two types of brush attachments. One is round and the other is pointy to get in between the arch wire.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Betty Bat

#6 Post by Betty Bat »

Count me in the Sonicare crowd. I have a Sonicare 7300 and really like it. Got it on Ebay at a good price.

But, this question is like asking "what's your favorite food?" You'll definitely get a lot of opinions.