Ortho Office ~ PLease move to Metal Mouth Forum

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Betty Bat

#16 Post by Betty Bat »

Yep, he was relatively new - I had seen him a few times, but never had him work on me before. And, I've had him for the last two times! I had noticed him because he's the only male ortho assistant I've seen at my ortho's office. The two doctors are male but everyone else is female, except this one assistant.

ssfw

#17 Post by ssfw »

Dramagyrl wrote:"Oh I know, I went through all that with my son. It's just funny hearing YOU say you went for an adjustment - You're a grown woman, you're not supposed to have braces."
Dramagyrl,

Obviously your HR Manager doesn't have manners and is an idiot. She probably had braces when she was a child and does not have any idea of the various reasons adults are having ortho treatment as an adult and why a person did not have braces as a child, which really isn't any of her business anyway. It really irritates me when a person is intentionally mean/rude to a person.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

lionfish

#18 Post by lionfish »

Betty Bat wrote:Last month, I went in for my adjustment. I was the only one sitting in the waiting area. I saw one of the assistants look into the waiting area, then go back into the "working area". A few minutes later, he came back to the waiting area, looked around again, then said (with a question in his voice), "Betty?"

He confessed that he had seen me the first time, but was sure that I was just waiting for someone. I gave him my biggest sapphire-and-metal smile, and said "Nope, it's me!"

I was a little surprised to see this from one of the assistants, but I think he learned his lesson
Ha ha!!

My age is on my card so there is usually no mistaking who I am and what I'm there for. And I know they look because at my last adjustment, one of the techies noted that I'd just had a birthday!

jaxxie118

#19 Post by jaxxie118 »

Nope, I've never gotten any strange looks from any younger kids. They're usually reading or something and not even paying attention to anyone else. If they did, I probably wouldn't care.
Metal uppers & lowers + 1 tooth pulled
Estimated treatment time: 18 months

bckydgardnr

#20 Post by bckydgardnr »

I am an educator in a 4th - 8th grade middle school in a very small town. The ortho that I use is the most widely used in the area...so needless to say when I go in for my appointments I frequently see students from my school and their parents. My son is also in braces and we frequently see people that he knows and their parents.

At first I was uncomfortable, but now it has become a talking point with many of the students in my school. I am very proud to flash my smile to people, kids in particular to show them how important it is to have healthy attractive teeth!

When the teachers returned from their summer break I just had to chuckle when two of them had braces. Then in a meeting with a district supervisor I saw that she had braces. Kinda feel like I have started a trend! :D
Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05