Getting Damon3 Braces 11/9/06, Need advice & exp stories

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bell

#16 Post by Bell »

Hi all and thank you for your advice and stories.... im not as nervous about getting my braces. infact im excited!!

If anyone has any pics of what their damon3's look like on them pls share if you can :lol:

I will keep you all updated with my progress :D
~Damon 3 Braces top and bottom~
~Braced on 11th September 2006~

Destor

#17 Post by Destor »

Hey there Bell,

Well I've had Damon 3s for about mmm, 8 months now (wow, it doesnt seem like that long), and have had very few problems with them. The brackets themselves are suprisingly comfortable, have barely even needed to use wax or anything, and when I did it was due to broken wires.

When it comes to people noticing them, well people will notice them regardless of what type of brackets they are, if they look close enough. I was suprised to find out though that some people I talked to occasionally, weren't even aware that I had braces until mentioning them, but pretty sure that's just people not paying attention to teeth in general :)

regardless, I'm sure they'll look fine, hope your treatment goes well!
Braced November 29, 2005. Damon 3's on top and bottom

Bell

#18 Post by Bell »

Hi all ~
I had my impressions on Thursday 31 Aug 06 (last week) and that went fine, was in and out within approx 6 mins.

Not long now :jump: to B-day
Pretty excited now, looking forward to getting them put on. Just not looking forward to the discomfort of getting used to them in the first week. +\+
i have also scheduled to take a week off work so i can also relax ~ more of an excuse to take a long deserved week off ~ :-Z

I have stocked up on lip balm, wax and im going to buy some sea salt today so i can rinse my mouth a few times a day when i get braces put on. :pinkbraces:

Do you think its a good idea to take 1 nurofun/advil before going in and getting braces put on? ive heard by speaking to a few people on this forum that its helpful....

I hope to place some pics when i get my braces on for you all to see, until then thank you all for your support and advice. Speak to you all soon

lionfish

#19 Post by lionfish »

Bell wrote:
Do you think its a good idea to take 1 nurofun/advil before going in and getting braces put on? ive heard by speaking to a few people on this forum that its helpful....
Bell, it's a matter of preference. I chose not to do this and see how I went. As it turned out, I did not need painkillers.

A week off work....half your luck. Enjoy the fine weather we're having now.

Bell

#20 Post by Bell »

A week off work....half your luck. Enjoy the fine weather we're having now.
I know, im also looking forward to my week off work, its been pretty nice the last few days, 26 Degrees yesterday for fathers day, but the other day was like 28 Degrees and that was the first day of spring :!: 8)

I think i might just skip having any pain killers, if i take one it will be later inthe day after i get my braces put on.. i have scheduled to have them put on first thing in the morning at 9am :P

joney

#21 Post by joney »

Hi again Bell

You're making me jealous talking of nice weather in Australia as we roll towards Autumn here in the UK. I visited Sydney in 2000, great place.

My youngest daughter had her braces put on last Thursday and was expecting pain but so far she hasn't been bothered by it at all. She was preparing herself for the worst (her friends had told her to expect pain) but she has been pleasantly surprised. Good luck with the fitting.

Regards
Joney