Foods You Miss

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jennielee81

#16 Post by jennielee81 »

Peanut M&Ms
Hershey's with almonds
Toffee

( I sense a theme) :roll:
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

tokidoki

#17 Post by tokidoki »

Corn on the Cob (unbearable heebie jeebies from getting corn all over the front of my teeth)

Really moist white bread

Trail mix on the go is do-able, but "enjoying" it hours after the fact is crasty.

proflutist

#18 Post by proflutist »

corn on the cob. caramel. biting into apples. most of all: NOT HAVING TO WORRY ABOUT TAFFY

Flora2006

#19 Post by Flora2006 »

I'm lucky in that I don't eat a lot of food to begin with so I haven't had to sacrifice a lot... BUT I do miss being able to bite into food with my front teeth...I still can't do it :(

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

sweetchicken2009

#20 Post by sweetchicken2009 »

I thought of a few more. Carmel apples, especially with fall coming :( . Also eating PB&J, it takes me hours to pick that bread out of my teeth. :(

jennandtonic

#21 Post by jennandtonic »

I don't do the jelly part, but I lived off of peanut butter sandwiches for the first month after braces because you don't really have to chew on them! I found that if I brushed my teeth after eating them I was able to get all of it out.

lionfish

#22 Post by lionfish »

Urghh....peanut butter and jelly.....gag. Sorry, I'm just not a big fan of either.

Tahini, on the other hand, I adore. I slop it over my weetbix and lick it off the back of the spoon. Yummo.

schoolglue

#23 Post by schoolglue »

Don't have braces yet, (I will on Tuesday!) but spacers make my teeth just as sore.

I wanted so badly to chomp into a Tootsie Roll today but it was just too hard and sticky for my teeth. Also, I miss biting into apples and corn on the cob.

PaulKariya

#24 Post by PaulKariya »

POPCORN!

joney

#25 Post by joney »

I'm not braced yet but I'm with florencegal I love a nice baguette at lunchtime. I also love seeded bread, seeds generally and peanuts. When my eldest daughter had her brace taken off she wanted to celebrate by eating a really crusty baguette!

jennandtonic

#26 Post by jennandtonic »

Ricky Bobby wrote:POPCORN!
I hear that! Any time I go to a movie I smell that popcorn and want it bad...even though I never liked it much before. You always want what you can't have, I guess. :lol:

Oh well, instead of popcorn I have junior mints, which taste good too!

MS1

#27 Post by MS1 »

I'm really jonesing for a caramel apple and some cheesy popcorn!