Poll: Do you smile in photos?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tokidoki

Poll: Do you smile in photos?

#1 Post by tokidoki »

I'm sort of ashamed to say that I don't. I was told by an ex-braceface that she cringes every time she sees old photos from the braces era, so I figured I'd skip it too.

katmc_tx

#2 Post by katmc_tx »

Even though most people tell me I dont really look any different with my braces, when I look at a picture of myself i'm like :shock: . Because I just dont look like me so I try not to show to much of my braces.
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

Cor1

I find myself.........

#3 Post by Cor1 »

Before braces, I would never try to show any teeth when I smiled, now with my full metal mouth goin on, I seem to be showin alot more teeth, bracketed up they may be, but there has already been movement, and they are starten to look better than ever!!!

So yup I be a toothy grinin type a girl now, CAN'T WAIT TILL I DON'T HAVE BRACES, MY, I PROBABLY WON'T BE ABLE TO STOP SHOWIN OFF MY NICE NEW STRAIGHT TEETH, IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME COMIN!!!!!

Cor1

JoeMama

#4 Post by JoeMama »

My teeth look so much better with braces than they did before I got them, I'm actually more comfortable smiling now. It's kind of crazy. I don't like how the braces look, but I think a happy smile looks good, regardless of what's on your teeth. If I were to pose for a portrait, I might not "display" them though.
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

Jillianleab

#5 Post by Jillianleab »

Hate to say it, but no. I haven't developed the "love" for my braces some people on this board have! I figure I never really smiled in pics before braces, so what's another year or so with no smiley pics? In fact before my braces I would avoid having my pic taken because I didn't want to smile and everyone would look at it afterward and say, "You didn't smile!" After they come off, I'll smile big and cheezy in EVERY photo!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Kodius Champion

#6 Post by Kodius Champion »

I figure I never really smiled in pics before braces, so what's another year or so with no smiley pics? In fact before my braces I would avoid having my pic taken because I didn't want to smile and everyone would look at it afterward and say, "You didn't smile!"
My thoughts (and experience) exactly! :D

susieq182

#7 Post by susieq182 »

I was never ashamed of my teeth so I have always smiled alot. and I still do even with my braces. I have been a brides maid in 2 weddings this summer and looking at the pics the braces are hardly noticable. I say smile on my friends be proud of what you are doing for your teeth's health and your emotional well being.
Extract #3 6/07 implant 10/07
Upper Molar bands
Bite Plate 12/12/05-5/20/06
spacers all lower arch first 10 weeks
Braced 12/12/05
New ortho 2/8/07

jcdamon3

#8 Post by jcdamon3 »

I smile like I always did. I don't have that many pictures taken honestly. I can say that I have avoided completely 1 or 2 pictures over the last 13 months but one of them was because the rest of me looked pretty crappy - I had been out in the yard working.

I'll never forget very soon after I got braces my manager took a picture of me from right across the table at a restaurant and for some reason I smiled BIG and I had been eating. What was I thinking? And he had a digital camera. He never showed me the picture - Gee I wonder why?
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

SDFD TSchott

#9 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I have smiled in two pictures so far with braces on so I'm not afraid to show that I'm proud new owner of braces :D

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

joney

#10 Post by joney »

I haven't had my brace put on yet and my teeth look really bad but it has never stopped me from smiling. I think I am quite a happy person and it has always just come naturally to me to smile, even though my teeth are very crooked. I think it is a shame when people are embarassed about smiling. In my opinion nearly everybody looks more attractive when they smile. :D

Flora2006

#11 Post by Flora2006 »

I do smile and show my teeth when my picture is being taken because if I try to hide my brackets, I look like an idiot. If I try to smile with my mouth closed my brackets stick out a bit so I don't bother anymore.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

iBorg

Smiling

#12 Post by iBorg »

It doesn't matter if I smile. My teeth don't show. Hopefully after treatment (I get uppers in six days), I'll "have" teeth. It high on my list of what I want as an outcome.

Mike

WeezieGirl25

#13 Post by WeezieGirl25 »

Oddly enough I notice I smile more now that I have my braces on. I have ceramics on my uppers so they're not that noticeable. I've even smiled at work and no one even notices them until I say "did you see my braces?" pretty funny I think. Anyways I love smiling so I'm cheesing all day long. Even if people think my teeth are really crooked, big overbite etc, I don't really care because it's obvious from my braces that I'm aware of my teeth issue and I'm in the process of getting my teeth in tip top shape! I've gotten alot of compliments on my braces and everyone says they look really "cute" on me... I'm just smile at them and say thanks! :D

hippyhippo

#14 Post by hippyhippo »

Yup! It's really unnatural for me to smile with my mouth closed. So I'd rather see a picture of me with a nice smile flashing some metal than an picture of me with an awkward smile trying to hide them.

cynthia77

#15 Post by cynthia77 »

i hardly smile in my pics, i don't like showing off haha...well i guess it's human...