Done with braces....but teeth still not straight :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wimbledongreen7

Done with braces....but teeth still not straight :(

#1 Post by wimbledongreen7 »

Just done with 2 years of Braces, took it off last week, but my teeth still dont look quite straight.

My teeth looks really big, I want them to look smaller and square shape rather than long rectangle shape.

does any one know if dentists do that? or how much it would cost?

thx!!

LoobyLou

#2 Post by LoobyLou »

Hi Wimbledon and congratulations on ending your braces journey!
I remember when I had my braces off the first time round how massive my teeth looked. This is something you will get used to as at the moment you are seeing a lot more surface tooth area than you have seen in a while!
With regards to your teeth's shape, you can get them filed I think by either your ortho or regular dentist but have a chat with them to see what needs doing.

Do you have any pics of your teeth, perhaps before and after?

Love LoobyLou x
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Joanna20

#3 Post by Joanna20 »

Her there, some pictures would be nice! Most of the time our teeth can be shaved, and ideally this should be done while we are still in braces, so that the gaps close post shaving. I'm sure there is something ur ortho or your dentist can do for you!!!
Let us know what happens! I have quite big teeth as well and hopefully I'll get something like that done to mine :P

Take care,
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

wimbledongreen7

#4 Post by wimbledongreen7 »

thx for all of ur replies!!!! i appriciate it.

yea i got some gaps on the edges of my teeth cuz they are round.....i think i need to file them to make them square and smaller.......

thx again!!

i will post pics when my gums stops swollen