Question.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

emmyv05

Question.

#1 Post by emmyv05 »

I was asking anybody who has had oral sergery...I have to get rid of a muscle in between my front two teeth and I was wondering whether it was normal to have it removed after braces.

I have had braces for about 2 weeks exactly, and I'm ok with them. Note: I'm 13.

ladygal

get 2nd opinion

#2 Post by ladygal »

My doc 12 yrs ago told me that I had to get rid of section of tissue between my 2 front teeth to close the gap....so my parents said NO WAY.

My current ortho said that he didn't think the surgery worked then and he doesn't think it works now, so he doesn't recommend the surgery at all.

I'd check around, your situation may be different, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

emmyv05

THank You So Much FOr You Help!

#3 Post by emmyv05 »

Firstly, thank you guys so much for your support. This website has been so usefull in supporting and helping me. I wasn't really scared until I read the second thread! Hee hee. Had Tin Grin 2 weeks yesterday! I really don't think that they are as bad as other people say, so I hope that the fr... whatever thing will be really simple becuase everyone says so. It just seems a little, scary, becuase I CANNOT HANDLE BLOOD! In the second thread they were talking about stitches and blood, AHH! *runs away!*