4 extractions tomorrow......

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tardissauce

4 extractions tomorrow......

#1 Post by tardissauce »

Well, today I took my GRE (I did really crappy) and tomorrow I am getting 4 teeth extracted, Yipeee! Talk about Hell week....... Anyone have any tips about extractions? 2 uppers and 2 lowers....
I'm sure there is probably a thread about extractions already so I apologize for the new thread....

florencegal

#2 Post by florencegal »

I'm afraid I don't have any tips for this yet, as I'm looking to get 4 premolars extracted in the near future myself. I just wanted to wish you the best of luck for tomorrow, I'm sure it will all go great and it won't be long before you see those gaps filling up nicely :D And in the meantime, enjoy the excuse to eat lots of ice cream and drink loads of yummy smoothies! I'm sure someone else with experience of this will be along with some good advice very soon

Best wishes

x

pippy

#3 Post by pippy »

Good luck with it - I'm sure it will go fine! I had 8 extractions before my braces and it was so much easier than I expected!! Especially the bicuspids - they didn't hurt or bleed at all afterwards. They were only sore if I accidentally whacked them with the toothbrush while trying to get at the others. Just be nice to your mouth for a while and take it easy. I uesd it as a great excuse to chill out and relax....from the DVD player, for a little snooze, back to the DVD player....come to think of it...can I get some more out so I get that excuse back? :P

Joanna20

#4 Post by Joanna20 »

I'm having 2 teeth yancked next month, I was looking for some advice! THANKS!

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Henna_the_braceface

#5 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

hey! the extractions themselves don't hurt one bit because your mouth will be all numb. The needle might be a little uncomfortable but it's not that bad. (I had 4 premolar extractions too) I was only 14 when I had all 4 premolars taken out ;) and being the wuss I was it wasn't too bad for me. :) Im 15 now. Afterwards, don't eat anything until the anaesthetic has fully worn off. good luck!