First adjustment today.. Excited!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

skittley80

First adjustment today.. Excited!!

#1 Post by skittley80 »

Hey all.. Well I got braced 2 months ago and today is my first adjustment. I'm so excited. I really didn't think I would make it this far. I was so hesitant about getting braces in the first place, but it hasn't been that bad. I'm excited to see what they are going to do about this one tooth that is hiding behind all the others and isn't banded yet. I hope they can get a bracket on it or something. I'm amazed at how much my teeth have moved in just 2 months. So what should I expect at my first adjustment?

--Braced..upper and lower on 7/17/06
--Orthognathic surgery (upper and lower jaw)..possibly summer of '07

Joanna20

#2 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey! I'm happy that your teeth have moved a lot in only 2 months, mine have also - it is amaysing isn't it?
I used to doubt braces but now I'm so pro-braces no one can stand me!!!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Zondrae

#3 Post by Zondrae »

I've got my first adjustment in a few days too & I'm excited like you. I'm sure it will wear off in time, but I'm keen to go in.

Good luck!

paralegallsj

Hi

#4 Post by paralegallsj »

skittley80

Hello. Good luck on your adjustment. :D I also have a tooth that is pushed back that they have to make room for. Right now she's naked- no bracket or anything.

Please keep me posted. I'd like to know how your 1st adjustment went and what they r gonna do with that tooth.

thanks

Spacers Placed on Sept 5, 2006
Spacers Re-placed on Sept 12, 2006
Upper and Lower Bands Placed on Sept 14, 2006
Upper Metal Braces Placed on Sept 14, 2006
1st Adjustment on October 18, 2006
2nd Adjustment on November 28, 2006
Lower Metal Braces on November 28, 2006

diande

#5 Post by diande »

congrats!

i look fwd to having my 1st adjustment and being able to see all the change too! this is only my 3rd day in braces, lol :D

babykitten75

#6 Post by babykitten75 »

HI skittley80

I totally feel like I'm in the same boat as you! I also wasn't too thrilled about getting braces either but now that I have them, no one even seems to notice any difference - it's just same old me!

Yeah, and about the one tooth behind the other, I have that problem too! I have no bracket on that tooth but the tooth in front of it has moved nicely after only a month and one of my crossbite teeth is ALMOST in its right place!

I was scheduled for 6 weeks after getting braced for my first adjustment but I went in early to get a wire snipped and they adjusted the wires a bit and changed my ligatures. I had white ligs but stained them eating mustard (so be careful) but now I have bright pink ones. They still did not put a bracket on the "hiding" tooth. But they gave me more wax, interdental brushes, anything I needed.

Make sure when you go to your next adjustment that you ask all the important questions. I keep forgetting to so next time I will hand them a paper with questions like:

1. What should I expect for my results?
2. What equipment is in my future (powerchains, retainer, headgear,etc.)
3. Will I need elastics? When? Where will they be placed?
4. What else should I expect during brace time?
5. What happens if a bracket pops off? (do you have to pay?)
6. What do I do if my Ortho is on vacation/clinic is closed?
7. Can I have some more wax, floss, floss threaders, etc. if you need it

Since everyone is different and everyone's teeth move at different speeds, you may just get ligatures changed or maybe they will also adjust your archwire or maybe even change your archwire if you need a stronger one.

Whatever that case, I wish you lots of luck.
3 teeth extracted: Thursday, July 20, 2006
2 teeth extracted: Thursday, July 27, 2006
5 spacers put in: Tuesday, August 8, 2006
Spacers out, full braces in: Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Brace Treatment Time: 22 - 26 months.
(It has now been 26 months. I hope they will be OFF soon!)

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

Zondrae wrote:I've got my first adjustment in a few days too & I'm excited like you. I'm sure it will wear off in time
Nah, it doesn't. :) Every adjustment brings one closer to completion. I can't wait to get back in there either. My next adjustment should have been at 5 weeks, but I'm having to wait over 6 because my ortho wants to see me in the morning (when he's not shaking, he says!) so 6 plus weeks it will have to be. Four weeks and 5 days to go, but who's counting.... :lol: