Any1 have ther archwire laced-work as good as powerchain?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

babykitten75

Any1 have ther archwire laced-work as good as powerchain?

#1 Post by babykitten75 »

HI Everyone

I've had my braces for a month and I noticed when they put my braces on and during my 1st adjustment, they said they are lacing my archwire to move my teeth that are next to extractions.:roll:

I'm just wondering if any1 else has had lacing done and if it is as good as powerchains (I've heard many success stories on archwired about powerchains working great to close gaps). Also, would any1 know why I got my archwires laced instead of getting powerchains?:heart:

The lacing looks like they criss-crossed the wire along 2 teeth that have an extraction gap between them. :pinkbraces:

Thanks for all posts in advance!:computer:
3 teeth extracted: Thursday, July 20, 2006
2 teeth extracted: Thursday, July 27, 2006
5 spacers put in: Tuesday, August 8, 2006
Spacers out, full braces in: Tuesday, August 15, 2006
Brace Treatment Time: 22 - 26 months.
(It has now been 26 months. I hope they will be OFF soon!)

Attagirl2

#2 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi Babykitten, my guess would be thay what they did was lace the power chains. I have power chains where they did repox on my front teeth and mine are laced around my brackets across six teeth. But since I am not and orthodontist, I could be wrong about what they did to you....

Have a good braces journey!
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

Dramagyrl

#3 Post by Dramagyrl »

Babykitten,
I think I have the same thing. I was asking about them onsite some time ago because I didn't know much about them. All I knew was they were these thinner wires that were managing to tear into my tongue a couple times if I caught them the wrong way.
Fortunately, they started to move things quite quickly. Then it started up again the last couple of days. I've got two extractions on the top as well, and I can for sure tell even with my tongue that my bottom extraction gaps are much smaller than the ones on the top since getting these wires.
I'll have a better idea of my success at my Oct. 5 adjustment.

Tiffchelle

#4 Post by Tiffchelle »

The top front four of my teeth are laced, with a powerchain across the entire top (and bottom - OUCH). My ortho said he wanted to lace them together to keep them in place as he uses the powerchain to close a (fairly large) gap that opened up.

Not sure if they are better, but the gap is closing and those teeth are staying put, so I guess it is working!

Hope that helps!

~Tiffany

fins

#5 Post by fins »

Yes, I've had my upper arch done at one time.
fins