Worried..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

Worried..

#1 Post by newmetal »

Im slightly worried. The story goes, ive been braced a week now and have felt no pain or pressure on my upper arch and only a slight discomfort when brushing on the bottom teeth. This worries me as i automatically link pressure pain and sensitivity to movement and if im not experiencing any of these and i can chew normally etc maybe im making no progress.It sounds weird, but id prefer to have pressure pain etc than having no pain and little progress...

Anyone else not experience pain etc??

Lucifina

#2 Post by Lucifina »

:-1 Hiya,
I was ready for pain too when I started too but there was none. It has been a pretty pain free experience so far...except for the random hook or pokey wire here or there. I have had a lot of movement and not much pain to speak of only slight discomfort. I can still eat anything and everything(unfortunately :lol: )
Good luck on your brace journey!
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

I'm with the others. I've had minimal pain and discomfort in 7 months.

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Same here...little discomfort here and there...but nothing too serious. In fact, the tooth that has travelled the most (a lot!) is the one tooth that never ever hurt me!

So don't worry about anything :wink:

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Bridget

#5 Post by Bridget »

Feel happy that you do not have any pain - that's great! And who needs pain anyway?
I had no real pain so far and my teeth have moved a lot (at least to me :-) )

Upper and lower ceramics
9 months to go......less if I am REALLY lucky

ame_malia

#6 Post by ame_malia »

I've had my braces for almost a week now, and the only pain I've had is from the brackets digging into my cheeks, and a little soreness when I woke up the morning after I was braced. So, I guess no pain is normal.