Progress pics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

calypsojunky

wow

#16 Post by calypsojunky »

Wow, looking really good! and that's all without a heavier wire.
Nice.

Flora2006

#17 Post by Flora2006 »

Your top arch is really widening up! You must be so excited. Awesome progress!! :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Bridget

#18 Post by Bridget »

WOW great progress! That must be a real motivation booster!!!!

Bridget

Upper and lower ceramics
9 months to go......less if I am REALLY lucky

cbushnaq

#19 Post by cbushnaq »

What type of surgery did the previous ortho want you to have? I was told by 2 different orthos that braces without surgery would make me look worse. So I too waited to get braces. The one I have now thinks he can get good results without surgery. I'm really glad you are getting such good results!

Cindy

jbjalways

surgery

#20 Post by jbjalways »

cbushnaq wrote:What type of surgery did the previous ortho want you to have? I was told by 2 different orthos that braces without surgery would make me look worse. So I too waited to get braces. The one I have now thinks he can get good results without surgery. I'm really glad you are getting such good results!

Cindy
I went to three orthos six years ago and two said I would need the surgery. This year I went to 5 orthos and all said they could do it without, but best some said it's best to have it. My ortho now said that Damons could widen the arch more than traditional braces so I decided to go for it and see what happens. Not sure of the medical term the surgery is called, but it's where they cut the roof of your mouth to widen your palate. I wasn't looking for the big "Hollywood" smile just trying to save my top two teeth (one on each side of the middle ones). They were decaying because of the crowding and my not so perfect dental hygiene in the past.

Good luck. I'm happy so far and that's with the lightest wire they have and no adjustments yet.

7/7/06 Damon 3's on top, Damon 2's on bottom
03/18/08 Naked

PaulKariya

#21 Post by PaulKariya »

Hey I think you could get them off before your deadline, good progress.

Joanna20

#22 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey, that's some nice progress! Hang in there!
Joanna :wink:

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

Kodius Champion

#23 Post by Kodius Champion »

That's fan-diddly-tastic! :D

Smiley77

#24 Post by Smiley77 »

Wow! Looking good!
;)
7 extractions 19 July 2006

8 spacers put in 7th August

I can't wait for that perfect smile

gorblamme

#25 Post by gorblamme »

Amazing !

I've just started learning .. I can't believe what an amazing difference you've seen in just 2 and a bit months .. is this normal ?

I was told 18 months to 2 years to get to a good place. That would really make me feel great if I could see that kind of a difference that quickly

Again wow !

I've read that movement is slower if you're older .. I'm 38 so I guess that makes sense.

Keep up the good work !

jbjalways

#26 Post by jbjalways »

gorblamme wrote:Amazing !

I've just started learning .. I can't believe what an amazing difference you've seen in just 2 and a bit months .. is this normal ?

I was told 18 months to 2 years to get to a good place. That would really make me feel great if I could see that kind of a difference that quickly

Again wow !

I've read that movement is slower if you're older .. I'm 38 so I guess that makes sense.

Keep up the good work !
I'm 34 and am quite pleased so far, now I'm already dreading the work that will need to be done to them after the braces are off. My estimate was 2 years. Hoping for less.

Good luck!

03/18/08 Naked

gorblamme

#27 Post by gorblamme »

thank you Karen .. thank you JBJ .. very encouraging ! I have to get lots of gum / bone work done first, so it'll be 6 months before I get braces, but I really hope that there'll be changes like that when I do .. thanks again !

gorblamme

#28 Post by gorblamme »

thank you Karen .. thank you JBJ .. very encouraging ! I have to get lots of gum / bone work done first, so it'll be 6 months before I get braces, but I really hope that there'll be changes like that when I do .. thanks again !

jbjalways

#29 Post by jbjalways »

thanks everyone for your comments. I'm anxiously awaiting my appointment on 10/4. This will be my first adjustment (I think). Last time she mentioned putting in spacers, but then said she may be able to avoid the molar bands. I'm hoping we do avoid those. The molars have nothing on them yet, but I heard some never do.

03/18/08 Naked

jbjalways

#30 Post by jbjalways »

Scared about my first adjustment tomorrow. Any suggestions?

03/18/08 Naked