Ceramics - brands, sizes, etc.?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cmm1280

Ceramics - brands, sizes, etc.?

#1 Post by cmm1280 »

I will be getting cermaics on both top and bottom in about a month.

My questions:
1. Are there different brands of ceramics?
2. Are the ceramic brackets usually one size, or do certain brands come smaller/larger?
3. Can anyone recommend a brand that they have?
4. Any complaints about any brand of ceramic?

I don't know anything about which brand I will be getting. I'm just curious to know if I have options on this.

THANKS!!!!! :lol:

**Braced 22 months and 3 weeks. Estimated 24 months treatment time.

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to remembering brand names, but I think I've got the Ice Inspire brand.

I'm happy enough with them, size and comfort wise. Like Meryaten says, another brand could have been equally acceptable.

chrisd

#3 Post by chrisd »

i have 3m clarity. very happy with them. not a single complaint. pics on my www
chris
http://community.webshots.com/user/cruelcanbekind
3m clarity on top changed to supertorque metal
3m victory metals bottom
estimated treatment time 16-20 months

Tin Indian

braces

#4 Post by Tin Indian »

:D :D :D I got braces on Sept 1st this year with SpiritMB Ceramic clear on top( doc says they work better with the crowns that I have).I also have Damons3 metals on Bottom ( the ones with a trap doors , doc says their great and they lessen pain)Haven't had to much problem with either top or bottoms other that he initial tightness and the full feeling of now having braces but they are both very comfortable.Can't really comment on any size differance but I have rather small teeth and they seem to be size proportionent to the teeth themselves.Hope this helps.
Tin Indian-over and out

pippy

#5 Post by pippy »

I have Clarity on top and bottom with a couple of metal brackets in inconspicuous places. No complaints really about the ceramics - I do find if I have to talk a lot they can rub a little more than the metal ones I've got...prob coz they are a little bigger so stick out more.

sjsarre

#6 Post by sjsarre »

I have 3m Clarity on top and bottom... No problems with them whatsoever.

Fingers crossed that is!!!
:HugeGrin:

CLAmom

#7 Post by CLAmom »

I also have 3M Clarity top & bottom and no complaints. Not sure if there a size differences between the various brands--if so, it's got to be a very tiny difference if any. I just went with what my ortho uses.

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

diande

#8 Post by diande »

I have 3M Clarity as well on uppers and lowers, and I like them :!:
Upper and lower bonded retainers; Upper Hawley for night time

DEBANDED ON FRIDAY 15TH AUGUST 2008 - FINALLY!!!

Braced on 13 September 2006 - Ceramic upper and lower brackets - Estimated time was 12 Months