cavities

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tamsteve

cavities

#1 Post by tamsteve »

Hello, i was wondering as your teeth move in braces do the old fillings in those teeth need to be replaced? My teeth have shifted and i can run my tongue along the back of the teeth that have fillings and i feel the fillings more and they are kind of rough.....anyone else have this problem?

jaswi

#2 Post by jaswi »

I have one real filling on the back of a canine that I could never feel before cause the tooth was so messed up.. now that its straightened out I can feel it, but its getting less noticable, like its rubbing down now or something

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

I've got fillings that date back to the late 1970's and they're still intact (fingers crossed). I'm 7 months into treatment.

Attagirl2

#4 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi Tamsteve. I had a filling in one of my first premolars that was forming a crack and had to be replaced 18 months into braces. I don't know if it would have happened anyway. (I have a lot of old fillings and the others are fine - even one that my dentist said will need to be replaced after the braces are off.)
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

jcdamon3

#5 Post by jcdamon3 »

I had one filling replaced because it chipped. I want to have another one replaced as soon as the braces are off. That tooth is either chipped or worn down or both. It doesn't really have the shape of a real molar right now. It looks like it has been sheered off.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!