braces since May, gap between two upper molars..

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

poloaa

braces since May, gap between two upper molars..

#1 Post by poloaa »

I have been braces since May, so far so good, nothing bothers me, except i found out that there are gap on my right and left upper molars where the metal seperators are put (the food is easily trapped), does anyone have the same situation like i have now?? I already told the ortho on my last adjustment, and he will fix them on my next adjustment (oct.20), is that normal???? Is that becasue the metal seperators cause that happen?? i dont' need to put any seperators on my bottom, so no gap at my bottom's.

Thanks for reading my post.
35 years old, mom of two
Est. treatment time:16 months

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

I have been in braces for over a year and still have gaps between some of my back teeth. He told me they haven't even started closing gaps back there. Well they have started but they pulled all but the 2nd molar forward and now need to move the second molar as well. That is on top On the bottom it is still a free for all down there. Right now I can get huge chunks of food stuck between my upper 1st and 2nd molars. It is driving me crazy. But with all things braces - this too shall pass.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

poloaa

#3 Post by poloaa »

jcdamon3, thanks for your message, so that means is normal for most of us having gaps in between molars???i wonder why they needed to pull out my two upper teeth before braces if they have plenty of spaces????? lol
35 years old, mom of two
Est. treatment time:16 months