disappointed

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tamsteve

disappointed

#1 Post by tamsteve »

Hello everyone...well, today was suppose to be my bottom braced day but, when i got there he looked at my bottom molar and said a spacer needs to go there so, we will see you Oct. 10th for the bottom braces!!! I was dissappointed, but, i guess that one molar needs a band around it and it's to tight. The only thing i don't understand is why he didn't put the spacer on it when i got the tops so, that way it would have been ready? I need to learn to ask questions when i'm there but, i don't think about it till i'm gone!! I also thought i was getting an adjusment on my top which the i asked the nurse and she said yes i'm gonna tighten them up, she said whenever we take the color bands out you get an adjustment....i thought they change out the wire too? She did put new color bands, which i did get light pink, but my teeth don't feel tight or anything!! What usually happens on a first adjustment? It was so quick too. Will i feel more tightness tomorrow? I can sure feel the spacer hurting....my tooth is throbbing!! So, i won't have my bottom done until Oct. 10th.....please let me know how the first adjustment usually works and if i'm suppose to hurt or feel alot of tightness.... :cry: :evil:

tamsteve

me again

#2 Post by tamsteve »

How do i change my time ticker now since i haven't got my bottom braces and won't get them for 2 or 3 wks?

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

what a shame you have to wait :( You can't change your ticker. You will have to delete it from your profile and get yourself a new one.

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

It's a shame you have to wait a bit longer for your bottom braces but time will fly by and you'll have them on sooner than your realize.

As for the pain and everything associated with adjustments...you don't need to feel pain...your teeth are moving no matter what! Also, you won't get your wires changed on each adjustment...you'll get them changed sometimes...but definitely not every time.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Joual

#5 Post by Joual »

I know how disappointing it is when you think that something's going to go on at your next appointment and it doesn't. I don't know how the first adjustment works since I haven't gotten there yet.

Good luck! I know you can't wait 'til Oct. 10! It seems like forever, but it's coming......

Gennel

#6 Post by Gennel »

My first adjustment was pretty much like yours. I still kept my first archwire . The only new thing done was that I got new powerchains that were tighter. I did NOT feel pain from this. I got pain from the second and third adjustment! lol I thought since I had no pain in the first adjustment ,that it meant that nothing was happening! I was very wrong and have the pictures to prove how much my teeth moved after that!

Spacers can be a real pain but the pain goes away in about 4-6 days.
I am very impatient with my treatment.If I could gofor adjustments every 2 weeks , I would ! You might be surprised how much things change in 3-4 months after you are braced. Take pictures every month.

Gennel

tamsteve

replies

#7 Post by tamsteve »

Thank you for all of ya'll's replies!! It makes me feel so much better to know that it's pretty much normal what they did for my adjustment. I think i'm just anxious to get started with everything!! I'm sure everyone knows how that feels.... :-+ thanks for the support :dance: Boy this spacer is sure feeling the pain now!! I can't chew on that side anymore....hopefully in a day or two it will feel better...it's like a big headache in my mouth!! OUCH..... :cry: