instant headache?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stRaighteR

instant headache?

#1 Post by stRaighteR »

anyone else got an instant headache when they heard or read how much their treatment was going to cost?

my treatment plan is to have only the upper arch done to close an extraction gap...estimated time 24 months (that gave me a slight headache as he told me initially that it was going to be 12-18 months)...the cost will be $5200 :shock: (i was initially told about $3000)...i immediately got a migraine...i can understand both arches...but i'm only having one arch done...oh...and that's for regular metal braces...not ceramics or self ligating... :?

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I was told $3,485 for full arches, and I've already paid it so it better not cost me anymore money

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Kodius Champion

#3 Post by Kodius Champion »

Try $8100 -- and finding out that your insurance will pay not for you, but only for your non-existant kids between the ages of 6 and 18.

Zero for you. Zip. Zilch.

Instant headache? Try a near frickin' aneurysm. :evil:

SDFD TSchott

#4 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Kodius Champion wrote:Try $8100 -- and finding out that your insurance will pay not for you, but only for your non-existant kids between the ages of 6 and 18.

Zero for you. Zip. Zilch.

Instant headache? Try a near frickin' aneurysm. :evil:
*PASSES OUT FROM THE COST*

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

I knew what I would be up for, so my head was intact.

stRaighteR

#6 Post by stRaighteR »

yups, it was definitely the $2000 increase that got me.

$8100???? :shock: :? :shock: i would have gotten an aneurysm too

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

Er, I'm paying a fair bit more than $8K....

stRaighteR

#8 Post by stRaighteR »

i guess it's all in the price for keeping ur teeth longer :?

Kodius Champion

#9 Post by Kodius Champion »

Ouch.
I guess it's all in the price for keeping ur teeth longer
And that's what makes it worth it. :)

Julie08

Headache

#10 Post by Julie08 »

This is one contest I'd rather not win - but I was told up to $30k for jaw surgery - all out of pocket, as insurance won't cover it.

Migraine proportions.

Lucifina

#11 Post by Lucifina »

:shock: Daaaang, is that just for the braces?!?!?
My braces are about $5000 all paid for by me b/c my insurance does not believe in adult ortho care either, I guess that is pretty common.
I have no clue what the surgery is gonna cost but that will all be covered by my insurance :D
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage

lionfish

#12 Post by lionfish »

Luci, yes, that is just for braces. The reason it's dear is because I've got lingual uppers. They cost a bomb, but it's been worth it - I love 'em.

stRaighteR

#13 Post by stRaighteR »

i don't understand why some insurance companies don't pay for adult ortho care...it's not just for aesthetics...it's also for functional purposes, and some people truly need the work done...

i guess i should have known my ortho was going to be expensive when he told me it was $375 to get records done...but even when he told me $3000 for the upper arch, i did a double blink b/c i couldn't believe it was that expensive...so when i got the letter and saw $5200...i had to make sure he hadn't decided that i would need the bottoms done as well... :?

Kat

#14 Post by Kat »

$5,800 plus the extra $500 for clears. No insurance.

cece

#15 Post by cece »

I too have dental insurance that won't pay because I'm over 18....I'm keeping it because my son will need braces in a few years.

I have Damon2's upper and lower and the cost was $5200 plus $250 for the records appt. It also includes something called SureSmile (computer scanned images of your teeth, your wires are bent by a robot based on your images) which was an extra $500. They say it may cut off treatment time by up to 6 months, or not at all, but I thought it would be worth it.