Has anyone had SureSmile in their treatment?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cece

Has anyone had SureSmile in their treatment?

#1 Post by cece »

Gonna copy & paste my posts from another thread...I did use search but couldn't find anything about it.

Here's my other posts about it:

I have Damon2's upper and lower and the cost was $5200 plus $250 for the records appt. It also includes something called SureSmile (computer scanned images of your teeth, your wires are bent by a robot based on your images) which was an extra $500. They say it may cut off treatment time by up to 6 months, or not at all, but I thought it would be worth it.

I just had my first adjustment and it was no different than any other treatment plan though. They told me I won't start with SureSmile until later down the road. I was wondering if anyone had ever heard of it. Here's the website...it cost an extra $500, but my husband told me over the 20 months I'm paying for braces to go ahead and spend the extra.

http://www.suresmile.com/home.htm

noppi

#2 Post by noppi »

My ortho says I will be using SureSmile too...but it hasn't happened yet. I don't know when it will happen or why I even need it. I got braced in January. Since then I've got 4 teeth pulled out and gaps are almost closed. My teeth look good except some bite issues and tweak here and there. I don't know when SureSmile will start. I thought it would have been earlier on.
*shrug* :roll:
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

Joual

#3 Post by Joual »

My ortho hasn't mentioned SureSmile, but it sounds interesting. I would be willing to pay extra for that. I'd pay $500 for that.