is it just me? or are all orth always really busy!??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

battleangel232232

is it just me? or are all orth always really busy!??

#1 Post by battleangel232232 »

Im not sure if I should be frustrated with my Orth. It almost next to impossible to get to talk to him.. The receptions always say he is busy and if I do talk to him.. He always sounds like he's in a hurry. Right now I schedule to extractions a day right before he put on the elastic to close the gap of the extracted teeth. I concern if I should wait a bit more to get my gap to heal first before he start moving those teeth. I tried calling him but once again the staff said he is really busy now and can't talk him.

Is it just me? Or anyone have a similar problem?? Are all orth always this busy?

should I start looking for a new orth?? But I already paid him the initial fee which is $1000...= (

ssfw

#2 Post by ssfw »

My orthodontist always takes the time to answer my questions. If I call and he is not available, he will call me back.

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

battleangel232232

#3 Post by battleangel232232 »

u know this sucks..on top of him being so busy... the other thing is.. I told him I want Self-ligating brackets , he just put on the tradional brace!!.. and he said there no big different in time!!?? is the righ!!???

I just feel kind of suck now

missing_tooth

#4 Post by missing_tooth »

I told him I want Self-ligating brackets , he just put on the tradional brace!!.. and he said there no big different in time!!?? is the righ!!???
My ortho told me the basically the same thing. Only in a very few select cases can it make any difference, and it's usually a very small amount.

As far as busy, yes my ortho's schedual is very full. Lets face it, if you were paid per job, you'd try to be as effeciant as you could. I know I would.

- Missing Tooth -

lionfish

#5 Post by lionfish »

I wouldn't be looking for a new ortho on the basis of him/her being busy. This is probably a good sign!

I had numerous concerns before getting braces and called the office a few times for reassurance. I didn't get to talk directly to my ortho, but always got a message back via the office staff as to what to expect, what not to worry about, etc. Other than for a couple of emergencies, I've had no reason to call between appointments.

jcdamon3

#6 Post by jcdamon3 »

That's not to say that all orthos who are NOT busy and answer our questions because they have time are bad either.

I like my ortho, not because how perfect my teeth are going to be in the end (which they never will be) but because he answers ALL my questions. I had a wire sticking out the other day, I got in the day I called and he clipped it HIMSELF and then we chatted about my treatment for like 10 minutes.

He is a good ortho.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

KriegeR

#7 Post by KriegeR »

My ortho seems to be an extremely busy chap, and is very difficult to get hold of without an appointment. With that said, once you have an appointment and it's your turn, he will carefully take his time to explain everything you could want to know, and also takes his time with your treatment.

The only exception to this is in the case of an emergency, (broken brace perhaps).

Joual

#8 Post by Joual »

When I called my ortho's office to tell them that I scheduled my extractions, the receptionist asked him right then, while I was on the phone, how long I should wait before I get braces on. He answered 2 weeks.

It seems like the staff at your ortho's office could have at least taken your message, asked him your questions when he was available, and called you back later with his answers, like KK & lionfish said.

I agree with lionfish - The fact that your ortho is busy may be a good sign.

Ev's Mom

#9 Post by Ev's Mom »

There are actually two orthodontists in the office I go to. Whichever one is "working" on me, I let him know I need to talk before we get started. I will be braced 2 years in December, and they all know not to ask me how I'm doing; they automatically say "What questions do you have today?" One day one of the docs actually thanked me for making him think. Don't let the doc get away before asking your questions or ask BEFORE the treatment starts. Good Luck!!!
Damon II 12-12-05--est. 24-30 months