is Self-ligating brackets really faster then tradtional ??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

eooo

is Self-ligating brackets really faster then tradtional ??

#1 Post by eooo »

is Self-ligating brackets really faster then tradtional brace??? I'm hearing mix message. Some said it just reduce the number of time to see the orth but it dosen't really effect the overall treatment time... but some said it dose??

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

These are great responses and I would love to see this put on an FAQ so that we can point people to that link in the future.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

BraceMD

#3 Post by BraceMD »

For the consultations I had, all of the orthos using traditional brackets estimated my time at 24-30 months. The ortho I am using put me in Damon 3's, and my *official* treatment time will be 16 months, one week. I get them off next Monday!

I used my rubber bands religiously and tried to have perfect dental hygiene, so that definitely contributed speed of movement. I'm pleased. I want these off my teeth!
Damon 3's 5/22/05
Unbraced 10/2/06

Permanant bonded retainer on bottom, bite positioner, and Hawley retainer at night...

Click www to see pics!