did it costs u any $ to switch from traditional to ceramic??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

eooo

did it costs u any $ to switch from traditional to ceramic??

#1 Post by eooo »

did it costs u any $ to switch from traditional to ceramic during your treatment???

SDFD TSchott

#2 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I'm sure that its going to cost more to go from Traditional to Ceramic braces cause ceramic is about $500 dollars more here in San Diego.

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

I agree. I'm positive you would have to pay a bit more... My ceramics costed 500$ more so expect about that...

Also, keep in mind that not everyone can get ceramics...so definitely talk to your ortho.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

eooo

#4 Post by eooo »

i but heard some peolpe can do it for free.. since they only things the orth need to do is just switch the front 4 bracket...

Kat

#5 Post by Kat »

I didn't change over I started with the clears BUT I was in the orthos today and someone asked the ortho the very same thing. The ortho said they would be $500.00 for uppers and $500 for the lowers. Didn't seem to happy about changing them either.

lemonlyme

#6 Post by lemonlyme »

i got ceramics free on top, but i didn't switch :D

eooo

#7 Post by eooo »

cool KK! free to deband/reband and free cerm bracket! you must have a very nice orth!

Dramagyrl

#8 Post by Dramagyrl »

My ceramics were no extra charge than metal, but when I inquired about switching to all metal because my brackets are so big, I was informed it's a $400 cost. They do it for people for weddings and such, but it's a matter of removing the brackets and putting new ones on and just an ordeal in itself, which is why it costs.

chops

#9 Post by chops »

I didn't switch but got ceramics, and they cost more than traditional ones. I think it's $500 for both or $250 for one....but it might have been $250 for both, not sure.

missing_tooth

#10 Post by missing_tooth »

enjoy your metal braces and have fun with the colors. thus says missing tooth.

- Missing Tooth -

Pirate Wench

#11 Post by Pirate Wench »

I was starting to think I might want to change to ceramic uppers (social 6 only). I am used to having the metal ones, and they don't cause me any issues at all......it's just that I have been noticing I am one of the only adults I have seen with braces that has metal. I don't mind them and they are working well for me.....I think I am just being silly. I know if I had chosen to do this originally it would have only cost an additional $250. I have a feeling it would be more now because of the debonding and rebonding.....I don't think I will do it!