Finding Orthodontist Around Santa Monica,CA~

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alexchoi

Finding Orthodontist Around Santa Monica,CA~

#1 Post by alexchoi »

Hi all,

I am new to this are and I am finding a orthodontist around Santa Monica(anywhere around within 15 mins of drive will be fine).

thanks for all :lol:

MB Chick

#2 Post by MB Chick »

I have been with Dr. Richard Jacobson in Pacific Palisades (310-454-0317) since I started in February 2006. My dentist (in the South Bay) had recommended him even though he is pretty pricey and not necessarily convenient for me, but she thought that given my circumstances (trying to create space for two implants in my top canines) that she made the recommendation.

He isn't the most talkative, but I have been very pleased with the results. I have found the process to be remarkably easy and nothing he has done has resulted in anything painful; I feel that he has been carefully implementing the plan that he laid out. His office staff is extremely considerate. During the banding process they made sure that my lips were well vaselined and all of the procedures were done with great consideration.

Good luck!

I don't know if you will care about such things, but there is even someone in the office who is willing to change ligatures for you between appointments (due to staining or a special event, or whatever). So, as someone who had to go through this over 30 years ago (when things were much more painful, unattractive and generally unpleasant), this has truly been only a positive experience with Dr. Jacobson and his people.

NatalieMac

#3 Post by NatalieMac »

I'm going for a consult to Dr. Newhart who has an office on Arizona right near the Promenade on Wednesday. I'll let you know what I think. He's got another office in Beverly Hills.

alexchoi

#4 Post by alexchoi »

thanks all, let me check them out :lol:

NatalieMac

#5 Post by NatalieMac »

I have been a picky snit about orthos, and I really liked Dr. Newhart. You should check him out. He was very nice, open to any questions, and his staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly.

I said that I was really nervous and wanted everything that was going to happen explained to me. The assistant who took the impressions of my teeth spent almost 5 minutes explaining to me how that worked and showing me the trays and the goopy stuff. The assistant who put the spacers in showed them to me and explained how they worked.

I was very happy. I signed up! :-)