Soreness

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

rexthedestroyer

Soreness

#1 Post by rexthedestroyer »

I had my first adjustmant on 09/06/2006. After that the first couple of days my teeth were very sore. Since then my teeth were feeling real good until the past couple of days. Now my teeth are as sore as they were during the first adjustmant.

Is this normaL?

I have my next adjustman on 10/02/2006.

Kat

#2 Post by Kat »

Normal.

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I've got one particular tooth which is quite tipped, and that seems to hurt for a couple of days, then stop for a few days, then start again. I guess it must be when the pressure is sufficient for it to do another little "spurt" of moving.
So I guess we're all unique. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Maybe take some mild painkillers if you feel you need them.

rexthedestroyer

#4 Post by rexthedestroyer »

Thanks guys. I am not to worried, but it just seems odd that my teeth are as sore now as they were after my first adjustment. Actually they are even more sore. i don't know. My problem is mostly gaps so it takes a lot longer to see much improvements in closing these gaps.