I'M BRACED AND NEED FOOD

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iccle_Peanut

I'M BRACED AND NEED FOOD

#1 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

Hi all, i'm finally braced. It was so quick and easy (for me anyway) If your about to get braced or thinking about it, the process is easy. I expected to be in a bit of discomfort but it was fine.

The only thing i'm not sure about is when can i eat some solids? I'm really hungrey. I forgot to ask my ortho how long i have to wait before i can eat. I was about to cook some Quorn and potatoes but i'm worried incase the glue is still wet or something???

Anyway i was sooo nervous but it's not feeling very weird, only thing is i can't smile now without my teeth showing.....nooooo
23rd June - First Consultation at ortho
24 July - Second Consultation - Decide on top braces
29 August - Decide on top and bottom braces.
Tops go on 26th Sept and bottoms 2-3 months after

Ravishing

#2 Post by Ravishing »

Happy B Day!!!

I stopped and got some Chinese food on the way home. I was starving too. You should be able to eat right away. Remember to take small bites - eating for the first time was so weird but you'll get the hang of it.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

Iccle_Peanut

#3 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

even with ceramics?

:) thankyou for replying
23rd June - First Consultation at ortho
24 July - Second Consultation - Decide on top braces
29 August - Decide on top and bottom braces.
Tops go on 26th Sept and bottoms 2-3 months after

Tin Indian

#4 Post by Tin Indian »

:D :D :D HAPPY brace day!
Yeah, Even with ceramics.
I ate Chinese that evening, made one heck of a mess but hey, I was starving!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

just go for it! If you have pizza, I'd avoid the crusts though.

Enjoy your dinner :D

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

I'm with Lisa65. Get stuck in. I was eating pizza on day 3, including crusts. Just cut the food into small pieces to start with. You'll soon get used to it.

Zondrae

#7 Post by Zondrae »

I agree - everything is good to go once you leave your ortho. Just take things slowly at first. I found it really weird for the first week or so, figuring out how to eat again. Now? Well I can chow down on just about anything! :oops:

Ravishing

#8 Post by Ravishing »

There seems to be a theme with pizza and Chinese. I had pizza on day 2. Spacers really were the worst part of the whole thing. I'm so much happier with my braces on :pinkbraces:
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

diande

#9 Post by diande »

I tried rice the evening after being bonded - WHAT A MISTAKE for me :lol: I had to spit it out, the pain was so bad. I then had noodles that was quicker than ever since I was swallowing,lol.

I was alarmed to note that I have lost one pound already. Gaining weight is very difficult for me and this is not something I am happy about. I am trying to reverse that ASAP :wink:
Upper and lower bonded retainers; Upper Hawley for night time

DEBANDED ON FRIDAY 15TH AUGUST 2008 - FINALLY!!!

Braced on 13 September 2006 - Ceramic upper and lower brackets - Estimated time was 12 Months

SDFD TSchott

#10 Post by SDFD TSchott »

lol lets see Pizza day one braces went on, chinease day 3 braces were on :)

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

simplywired

#11 Post by simplywired »

I think you see a lot of pizza and Chinese because nobody wants to cook afterwards!

Diande - they try to fatten teens up with milkshakes - so that's a perfect solution for you (if you like them) - plus they feel so cool and smooth.

Laieniel

#12 Post by Laieniel »

Grill cheese and Campbell's Tomato soup ...ya ya I know eww gross :lol:

science teacher

food

#13 Post by science teacher »

My son likes grilled cheese and tomato soup for breakfast sometimes.
Weird food runs in the family tho... my favorite breakfast is leftover homemade burritos. :P
kim