dear "trigger"

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

eooo

dear "trigger"

#1 Post by eooo »

Hi Trigger,
I saw your stats on the stats post and u said u estimated 8-9 months with 4 extractions. Just curious as to why your treatment time is so short even with 4 extractions..

for me.. I will have 4 extractions and estimated time was 2 years!

newmetal

#2 Post by newmetal »

This is a good post actually! Ive had four extractions, how long roughly does it take for the extraction gaps to close up?I know its different for different people, but roughly.

Anyone who has had extractions??How long has it taken for your extraction gaps to close?Or how long is your estimated treatment?

ironyengine

#3 Post by ironyengine »

I just got my 4 extractions done two weeks ago, and the estimate on my completion is still two years. No idea how this could be shortened to 8-9 months but I'm definitely interested. :D

Aine

#4 Post by Aine »

I had both upper first premolars extracted the day after I was braced. With the help of powerchains and springs, the gaps were completely closed in 3 months. I have been braced for 14 months and Ortho originally gave me a sentence of 20 months but he has recently informed me that I will be debanded sooner because I had very good teeth movement.

sjsarre

#5 Post by sjsarre »

I had four extractions done nearly 5 months ago. They are 3/4's closed already.

My treatment time with my extractions and crowding is quite minimal at 14-16 months but the ortho says that is because I don't have any bite issues that my molars are lined up pretty much and its only the front teeth that have crowded.

At a later date I maybe have to get one or two wisdom teeth extracted on the bottom but one of them hasn't come through and isn't even threatening to.

SDFD TSchott

#6 Post by SDFD TSchott »

4 Extractions done, Full braces applied, and first adjustment I will be getting spacers for 2 weeks then bands applied and the total treatment time was 2 years!

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

katy

#7 Post by katy »

Hi,

I had four second pre-molars extracted at the beginning. I'm now 27 months into treatment and I still have about 1mm to close on one gap. I think it really depends on what other problems exist with your teeth as to how long it can take to close the gaps. I had a lot of severe crowding plus bite problems that needed to be addressed before my ortho could even think of closing the gaps. Now this is the last part of my treatment so complete focus is going to that one pesky gap that just won't close! I go back in a week and I'm hoping for a miracle....

Katy