Poll: Do you smile in photos?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

stRaighteR

#31 Post by stRaighteR »

for my first time in braces, i had them on for 3 years, and i have not ONE photo of me showing my teeth...no one would ever tell from photos that i ever wore braces...and my closed mouth smile was not cute...it looked like something was trying to force its way out of my lips...

PaulKariya

#32 Post by PaulKariya »

I never smile. I don't care though, I look like more of a hard ass.

wiredkitty

#33 Post by wiredkitty »

I smile because it looks better than if I don't - that just looks like I'm pouting!

I had a photo taken for a programme (I'm performing in Beauty and the Beast the musical) and they photo-shoped out my braces so it looks great.

32yr old Kiwi
Braces on 10 August 06
1st adjustment 21 Sept 06
2nd adjustment 6 Nov 06
Surgery in a year
Expected treatment time: 24 months

Julie08

Not only not smiling, not in photo!

#34 Post by Julie08 »

I have always tried to avoid having my photo taken whenever possible - being self-conscious about more than just my teeth - but when it is necessary to have a photo taken (usually because it would cause too much fuss to decline) I try to smile with my mouth closed. (and stomach sucked in, chin tilted down, etc. - see, it's too much work to be in a photo!). :roll:

tardissauce

#35 Post by tardissauce »

I'm a smirker! I've never really smiled in photos only smirked! But in about 2.5 years I will be more than happy to smile! :D

SDFD TSchott

#36 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Just thought that I would post the picture of me and my cousin of 1 year 7months taken today and yes I'm actually showing off my tin grin!

SDFD TSchott
Code 4

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

MBell

#37 Post by MBell »

I just had braces put on yesterday, before I had braces I trained my mouth in a way I could smile and you wuldnt really notice how bad my teeth were, now that I have braces it highlights how bad my teeth are and are very noticable, at the moment I definately will not be smiling for photos, but as time goes by and my teeth straighten out I'm thinking I probably will smile.

iBorg

#38 Post by iBorg »

I find I have a bigger smile now. I think its trying to move my lips past my brackets.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

*Denise*

#39 Post by *Denise* »

I have a lovely smile before braces and with braces. I smile in all my photos. When I talk to people they don't even see my braces. I have to say to them... I have in braces. :D :arrow:

Svensk Tiger

#40 Post by Svensk Tiger »

Yes, I always have done. Although this is because I can't smile with my lips together (lip incompetence) and my neutral face looks terrible (also down to the lip incompetence). Therefore I've always been a big smiler! I can't wait till I've had my surgery and I can manage a proper closed mouth smile.
Metal upper and lower: 6th Sep. 2005
Quad helix in: 1st Dec. 2005
Quad Helix out: 31st March 2006
Surgery (upper/lower/genio): 11th Nov. 2006
Braces off: 17th March 2007
Under chin liposculpture and fat transplant to cheeks: 20th October 2007

bracedforit

#41 Post by bracedforit »

I think that since I've gotten braces, I have more confidence and feel better about my smile (even though it's only been a month and a half), so I smile alot - even in pictures. I had school photos yesterday, and there will be a big smile with braces.
I can't wait to get them off though to smile all the time without the my lips getting caught on the hooks though!!

niknikc

#42 Post by niknikc »

I smiled a lot before I got braces (tops on 09-26-06, bottoms in 4-5 mths?), but now I find that I smile even more... LOL Probably a combo of getting my lips off the brackets (I feel like I'm wearing a mouth piece for sports or something :lol: ) and proudly showing off my colors!

BraceFace12

#43 Post by BraceFace12 »

When I had braces, I smiled bigger than I ever did before them. I was proud of the way they made my teeth.
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.

calypsojunky

smile!

#44 Post by calypsojunky »

I had two friends who had braces and one always smiled with her mouth closed, but her mouth always looked really tightly pursed and strained, while the other would smile this big grin. Just from these two, I think I'll just relax and smile naturally.

tiggrr2001

#45 Post by tiggrr2001 »

I smile in my pics if its for something special.. most of the time I try to fight getting my pic taken at all. I always think people are staring at my gap. I don't know why. I know most people probably ignore it, but I can't help but feel self conscious. I can't wait to get my braces put on. A week and a half more and I'll probably start smiling more than ever.