Should I be this happy to be in braces ? Poll

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

dcw

SO HAPPY I COULD $%^&

#16 Post by dcw »

Repsonded with an error message
Last edited by dcw on Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dcw

SO HAPPY I COULD $%^&

#17 Post by dcw »

Repsonded with an error message
Last edited by dcw on Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dcw

SO HAPPY I COULD $%^&

#18 Post by dcw »

deleted
Last edited by dcw on Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dcw

SO HAPPY I COULD $%^&

#19 Post by dcw »

I am 51 year old male and have been been braced since April 2005

At my last adjustment I asked for a copy of the pre-treatment photographs.

You can only imagine the diffefrenece 18 months made

Made me recall the tears of joy when they evened out the two front teeth to look like teeth not jagged fangs

Since I am in power chains my two tone options are limited but as far as the bands the louder the better since I am VERY PROUD of my metal smile with different primary colors with every adjustment .
My only regret I didn't do it at 25, 30, 35, 40, 45

BEST THING I EVER DID

dcw

SO HAPPY I COULD $%^&

#20 Post by dcw »

deleted

Gennel

#21 Post by Gennel »

I hear ya :) I just went to youtube.com and out of curiosity typed in Braces OFF . Well I found a bunch of videos of people in braces right after the braces came off. Some videos were of people in the waiting room waiting to get debraced. Everyone of them had the same reaction ! lol
OMG omg!! licking their new straight teeth,saying how slimy they felt. Some even had videos of eating peanuts,twizzlers etc....
One girl in particular that I remember felt that this day was very special for her because she wore braces for 5 yrs! Her teeth were beautiful and she kept smiling and making funny faces. It really made me smile and have something super positive to look forward to! I think I just might video tape my debracing day & take pictures of course!

All the videos were of teenagers...which I'm not lol . But the expression on some of their faces is " Priceless"

Gennel

niknikc

#22 Post by niknikc »

I love my braces! I can feel a big difference in myself since I got them. Wanted them when I was in school, but parents couldn't afford them as many have said. Sometimes the pain gets me down but then I sit and putter around on here. I see the progress everyone is making, especially the before and after braces pics, and it makes me feel loads better. Ya'll are awesome!

CLAmom

#23 Post by CLAmom »

I don't love my braces and I don't love wearing them. I do love the results I'm getting. This isn't an easy thing to do and the waiting is tough. I am pretty sure I'll be happy in the end and the soreness, discomfort, and downright pain will all be worth it. I guess my convoluted answer is, yes, I am happy to wear them. :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Gennel

#24 Post by Gennel »

I can totally understand that you don't like your braces . I don't like them either ,I just like what they are doing for me. I can make a quick list of 100 things I hate about braces lol. I have not even started a "countdown" because I have over 2 yrs to go...
I'm sure when it's 6 months away I will start getting antsy ! Braces are so worth it. Right now I get upset at times with the typical brace problems, but all this will be a distant memory and I will someday just be smiling like too much! lol

This site is something that cheers me up after a bad day with these metal things in my mouth!

Gennel

Marzipan

#25 Post by Marzipan »

I am 49... and I love the braces! Yes, they were put on at 48 yrs of age, and I'll be 50 before they come off. Right now my ligs are pink. The brackets are all metal, which I also like.

In nine months there has been definite progress. Certain "behind the scenes" changes had to take place first, so I've been patient, but seeing the changes has been phenomenal.

I don't care WHO sees the braces - they are cool in my opinion. They work! And I smile all the time.