I have good / bad news.. which one u want first??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

battleangel232232

I have good / bad news.. which one u want first??

#1 Post by battleangel232232 »

okok bad news then good news
the bad news is that my molar (back teeths) are hurting quite a bit and chewing a soft taco hurts, is this normal? :oops:

Well the good news is that I got my brace about one week ago and I’m already seeing some movement!! if this keeps up.. i think i can get debanded eariler! :D

iBorg

#2 Post by iBorg »

I was told to keep on chewing through the pain. That chewing increased blodd circulation and would help the pain go away. So far I haven't had much pain so I can't reallt tell you how well this works.

Good luck!

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

battleangel232232

#3 Post by battleangel232232 »

thanks for the replies and concerns.. the things that puzzle me is that.. why my molar hurts this much (but acceptable) when the molars are acting as archors to pull my front teeth backward. The molars shouldn't be moving at all (or not that much anyway). Do you guys remember if u have this kind of pain in your first few weeks of your treatment? is it going to be like this for the rest of the treatment??

jennielee81

#4 Post by jennielee81 »

I sure had that much pain (sometimes MORE) in my first few weeks.

Some people feel more pain than others. I've almost always had moderate pain after adjustments. Pain/discomfort is very normal for more than a few people in braces. I'm fairly sure it's normal, even in your case of anchoring, there are still forces on those back teeth that are causing your nerves to complain. Hang in there!

I agree on the "chew through the pain" advice as well.
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Gennel

#5 Post by Gennel »

I remember back molar pains clearly because I still get them once in a while! Yes, you're 2nd molars are usually the last molar with a bracket or molar band. Molars do move a little bit sometimes. I've noticed a gap between my 2nd molar and my 1st molar (wisdom teeth). I tried chewing through the pain but honestly did not feel relief until after 7-9 days. On Oct 14 it will be 4 months since I got upper braces on. I still have days when some teeth are very sore and it hurts to bite down even a piece of soft bread... A lot of people here still get pain in different teeth like the molars. I guess I've gotten so used to it that I rarely mention it to the orthodontist. Since something is always going on in our teeth that we might not know about. I'f you are already noticing changes then that is awesome!! I've seen drastic changes in my upper arch in 3-4 months. My ortho estimated 2.5 yrs (30 months) But when I looked in my chart with before pictures it said on the bottom 36 months! I was like NOWAY lol
If my instinct is right again I honestly think that will be 2yrs total for top and 30 months for the bottom. So it really depends on how your teeth move,you might be right and get the braces off sooner than estimated! :)

Gennel

battleangel232232

#6 Post by battleangel232232 »

the things with me is that he put the band on my 3rd molar instead of the 2nd molar.. I remeber he mentions that it was too big. Not sure if that might be another reasons why it causing pain.. i really hope this will get better.

jaswi

#7 Post by jaswi »

I've experienced the same thing, it'll get better. For me I had an easy spacers experience, 8 just on top with little discomfort.. was hoping for the same with braces but instead I seem to always be in at least one quadrant of my mouth.

Joanna20

#8 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey!!! I'm glad it's all working well for you!
It is weird that your doctor is moving your cusps first 'cause u have 3 molars and one premolar!!!
I will be left with 1 molar and 1 premolar :!:
Good to know there is movement already!

Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February