My ortho is scaring me!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MrsF

My ortho is scaring me!

#1 Post by MrsF »

Yesterday I went to the Ortho to finally get my archwire in. Two weeks ago I had 7 extractions, and now it was healed enough for them to put on the wire. Well, I sat down in the chair, opened my mouth, and the doc started shaking his head, muttering under his breath and sighing! I heard him say to the assistant, "oh, they didn't take out all the proper teeth." Ahhhh! :shock: I instantly got so scared that they would send me back to get another extraction! So he gets up, reads the file, still muttering, "why would they not pull that tooth"...when the girl says , Oh, your reading someone else's file. This one is hers." AHHHH! THEN he says, oh ok, well lets see why I asked for them to only pull out 3 bicuspids, not 4. He has to think about it for a couple of minutes until he remembers I only needed 3 pulled because my lower midline is off the to the right. This is the second time he has not read my file and starts questioning things out loud! If he is wondering something, I wished he would keep it to himself instead of giving me a scare! Other than that, I am really excited to have my wire in. Even though I woke up this morning with a huge headache! The pain just makes me happy that there is some progress happening.

genxsis

#2 Post by genxsis »

Yep, some doctors are just not very sensitive, are they? You're justified in being a little worried. If my ortho were that vocal about how unsure he is about how he's doing his own job, I'd be looking for another ortho!
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

Lisa65

#3 Post by Lisa65 »

I wouldn't have been too impressed either MrsF :? At least he got there in the end.

Attagirl2

#4 Post by Attagirl2 »

Makes you wonder, huh? :Questions: I was on a gurney once waiting for surgery and a resident doctor and a staff doctor were arguing about how to do something on me - the staff doc said it would result in one out come and the resident another - one of which wasn't good. (I was laid out between them!) I had to ask them to go some where else as they were scarring the **** out of me! The nurse shooed them away... Sometimes I don't think they know we are even on the same planet with them! :yikes:

But, in his defense, I often talk to my self to work out something that is puzzling me. People often comment about my muttering.... :roll:
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

joney

#5 Post by joney »

Make sure he has the right file in future. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it.

Regards
Joney

lionfish

#6 Post by lionfish »

Jeez, this would give me nightmares. When I went to have my wisdom tooth pulled, I made sure my dentist knew which one it was, pointing to it and saying "this one, mate, on this side of my mouth, downstairs, OK?" Just for added insurance!

Joual

#7 Post by Joual »

MrsF, that would have scared me, too! He's probably very knowledgeable, but he doesn't have a great "bedside manner".

fins

#8 Post by fins »

I think I would look for another ortho....just doesn't inspire confidence at all for me.

MrsF

#9 Post by MrsF »

I know, I wish I had looked for a different Ortho from the beginning...something about this one makes me a little uncomfortable. Unfortunately there is not much I can do now with all this stuff on my teeth!