Just got back

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

cNp-21

Just got back

#1 Post by cNp-21 »

I am home from my ortho appointment and I will be getting them off Nov.15.
I will be getting clear retainer on top and bottom.

Also, they did not clip the extra wire in the back of my teeth after they put it in. Will it be ok as long as it does not cut into my mouth. Will the extra wire cause my teeth to shift.

Attagirl2

#2 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi cNp-21. I had impressions made for a bite positioner last week. They took my wires out too. When she went to put them back in, she had to clean out the tartar. That evidently let the teeth shift some causing the wire to come out the last molar just enough to poke into my cheek in back. I kept wax on the spot until I could get in the next day and have it cut! Taking the wires out and putting them back in also caused rubbing brackets on my cheeks in new spaces... go figure!

Congratulations on the up coming debanding! :-)o :jump: :-)o
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers