Hi everyone!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newbie82

Hi everyone!

#1 Post by newbie82 »

Hi there.

Well I've been away for 7 weeks touring Europe but unfortunately I had to come home! Anyway, just my luck, the third (and last) link of my mini powerchain broke on my first day overseas nothing I could do about it but that meant 2 months (since I last visited ortho) with a broken lig..not good. I am seeing my ortho next week, as i said one day from being 9 weeks (dam my need to travel!) since I last saw him. So yay I will get lig replaced. However the main reason I write is that when I did see him last he told me how he wanted to start seeing my bottom teeth move, i was like ditto buddy! I''ve now had braces for almost 10 months and my top teeth are great so straight, but my bottom teeth, which were the main reason for getting braces as they were crowded and messy, moved a lot at first but have just stoped, they are still crooked and i've had braces almost a year. It scares as I may need to wear them much longer then what was estimated.

If anyone has been in this situation or even if you just have info that will help that'll be great. And I guess i'll talk to ortho next week

Thanks heaps

Hope everyone's treatment is going great!

Chris

#2 Post by Chris »

Yes, the bottoms took longer for me too.
With crowding and no extractions, he may do some slenderizing between your teeth and then they move quickly.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007