Excited, scared and I have a question....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lillibut

Excited, scared and I have a question....

#1 Post by lillibut »

Well, after about 3 months of first comming to this board I now have a date for my brace fitting - 06 November 2006.

Im excited!! I'm scared!!! Will I look ugly? Will people stare at me in the street? Will I be in pain? Will I have a lisp?

Ok, maybe I have more than one question!!!!

My main problem is that I have a top tooth that is set back behind the rest, but is trapped behind the bottom teeth. I am going to have to have my bite raised to give this tooth a chance to come forward. Has anybody had this done? What is the procedure called? (my ortho didnt really seem to have a name for it!)

Thankyou so much to everyone here who has helped my decision to have this done and thanks in advance for your replies.

THIS WEBSITE IS FAB!!!

lillibut

#2 Post by lillibut »

Thank you so much! Think I was being slightly paronoid about the staring bit!

You've reassured me x

Smiley77

#3 Post by Smiley77 »

I met with my cousin for the first time since 'installation' about two months after having braces and we were chatting for about an hour before I said something about my next appointment and she asked for what, and I had to POINT OUT my braces lol

I have full metals and bright teal ligs, its not like I was trying to hide them!

You will be fine :)
7 extractions 19 July 2006

8 spacers put in 7th August

I can't wait for that perfect smile

Tin Indian

#4 Post by Tin Indian »

I talked to a gal at work about an hour before I went to the ortho today for some work, she asked how long before I was getting braces, and I had to smile and say that it had been a month since I had them! And I thought everybody knew.I guess not.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08