Little blue dot

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iccle_Peanut

Little blue dot

#1 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

Anyone had this??? I've been in braces ten days and i've still got a blue dot on the front ceramic!!!! I got told it would come off during the first brushing sesh, i've brushed soooo many times and it seems to be wedged under the bracket!!!!

Anyway i rang the ortho and they said give it another week and if it doesn't come off i'll have to have the bracket replaced :(

Anyway 1) is it worth going through all the hassle and 2) do i pay for it???

Thanks people
btw - apart from the blue dot i'm loving being braced :D
23rd June - First Consultation at ortho
24 July - Second Consultation - Decide on top braces
29 August - Decide on top and bottom braces.
Tops go on 26th Sept and bottoms 2-3 months after

HazyBraceFace

#2 Post by HazyBraceFace »

hi Iccle_Peanut

i had quite a few of the dots left on my brackets for about a week but they all came off eventually. i think your one will probably come off soon so just give a bit of time like your ortho said and don't worry about it :)

you've had your braces for 10 days now? how long does it take for the pain to go away? because i got my archwire put into my brackets this morning and it hurts - could hardly eat anything today!

NatalieMac

#3 Post by NatalieMac »

I have a pink dot that didn't come off yet, though it's only been three days.

I had some with black dots, some with blue dots, and some with pink dots.

Just be glad that you didn't leave the ortho's office and spend an hour shopping and chatting with people only to discover after the fact that there were multi-colored dots on each of my teeth. :roll:

Samantha08

#4 Post by Samantha08 »

It depends on your preference. I dont think I would go through the trouble, but if it reallly bothers you then get it replaced :)
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

juf_84

#5 Post by juf_84 »

I had blue and red dots on some of my brackets. They came off eventually, but it took about a month. I wouldn't worry about it. They're only noticable to us because we spend so much time looking in our mouths!
Banded 22 June 2006.
Debanded 24 July 2007.
Loving it!

Iccle_Peanut

#6 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

Hi ya, thank for the replys. I'll think i'll leave it till my first adjustment and see what my ortho says.

Hazybraceface - I think everyone is different regarding pain. To be totally honest i've had no pain at all. I know there is pressure but there hasn't been any discomfort. I expect this to come at the adjustments. I hope you start feeling better soon. :)

Thanks x
23rd June - First Consultation at ortho
24 July - Second Consultation - Decide on top braces
29 August - Decide on top and bottom braces.
Tops go on 26th Sept and bottoms 2-3 months after