Power Threading??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

~CanadianChick~

Power Threading??

#1 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

I went in to have my 8 month adjustment and they added some "threading". It looks like powerchains but its thread, kind of like dental floss but way more durable. They have it on 3 different spots where I had small gaps to be closed... Is this normal? Ive never heard of using threading to close gaps?? Also I usually go back every 2 months but I have an app in 6 weeks... These buggers are SORE! You can always tell theres movement when there is pain like that!!!
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

jcdamon3

#2 Post by jcdamon3 »

What type of brackets? Are the threads looped or do they tie on? Are they elastic or really like floss?

I had some power thread like elastics on as well but they were llike rubber bands and looped back around. They went from my canines to my first molars on top. I didn't have to take them out when I ate.

Now those are gone and I have regular elastics! Which are way worse in my opinion.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

sportsgrl97

#3 Post by sportsgrl97 »

i no what u r talking about... its like dental floss but it holds up better.... they tied my two front teeth together really tight to close up a big gap... and let me just say, it definantly worked :) ... when i went back for the next adjustment they made a comment on how tight it was which i thought was funny because the lady that made the comment was the one who tied it to my teeth two months earlier.. i guess she just wasnt aware of that haha :)

~CanadianChick~

#4 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

sportsgrl97 wrote: i no what u r talking about... its like dental floss but it holds up better.... they tied my two front teeth together really tight to close up a big gap... and let me just say, it definantly worked :) ... when i went back for the next adjustment they made a comment on how tight it was which i thought was funny because the lady that made the comment was the one who tied it to my teeth two months earlier.. i guess she just wasnt aware of that haha :)
Yeah its exactly how you describe it! I got the threading done this Tuesday and no word of a lie the gaps are already closed..Its still tender when I chomp down but I can't believe the progress the thread makes!!
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

bckydgardnr

#5 Post by bckydgardnr »

My ortho uses zinc string to "tie" up my teeth after they put the powerchain on. I have gotten to the point that it doesn't hurt anymore. I have a huge gap that needs to close that won't. I got a bite plate 2 weeks ago to keep me from reopening the gap when I close. When I go back next week (my appointments are now every three weeks) I am hoping that he does something drastic to close this 20 month old gap!
Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05