BEWARE THE PUMPKIN SPICE

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sonyablade

BEWARE THE PUMPKIN SPICE

#1 Post by sonyablade »

Hey everybody- I haven't posted in a while- I have just been lurking around. But I had a bad staining experience and I just wanted to warn all of you. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte will turn ligs a very unattractive color. I have pearl ligs on top and I don't know what color to call them now-more like a tan. I normally drink one cup of regular coffee a day with little to no staining by the time of my next appointment but yesterday I got the Pumpkin Spice and UGHH let's just say its not pretty. Too bad- that latte really gets me in the mood for fall. Sorry if somebody already posted about this.

bbsadmin

#2 Post by bbsadmin »

I guess you could say that for us, that's a TRICK and definitely not a TREAT! :?
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

smile2006

#3 Post by smile2006 »

:D I like the pumpkin spice latte too. I also have pearl power chains. I drink coffee and latte with a straw! I haven't had a problem. Try it before you give up the fall treat!

Kat

#4 Post by Kat »

can't believe it! Not 10 minutes ago I came back from having a pumpkin latte and I have not looked in the mirror and am totally afraid to.
sesame I'm getting sick of the staining ligs!!! :evil:

noppi

#5 Post by noppi »

Mmm...I love Pumpkin Spice! I am going to get one! I have colored power chains!
11/11/05~8 Spacers
11/21/05~Spacers off, 8 metal bands
01/13/06~Braces
04/13/06~4 extract
04/18/06~1st adjust after extract

schoolglue

#6 Post by schoolglue »

I think I'll run out and enjoy one before my braces on Wednesday. :D

Leslie022

#7 Post by Leslie022 »

Ha, I think I'm going to get one after class today. It's so funny how you warn people about the drink and then read posts from people saying they're going to go get one! We might as well make ourselves happy and have what we enjoy, right?
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

MS1

#8 Post by MS1 »

I'm with Meryaten. Love the new maple machiatto! And I can't wait for it to be Eggnog Latte season! Yes, I'm officially addicted to Starbucks.

sonyablade

#9 Post by sonyablade »

My adjustment is on Friday morning so I think I am going to get one right before I go! Maybe I will have curry chicken Thursday night to really get them a funky color! :shock: I drink my coffee at work through a straw but never my Starbucks- I will have to ask them for one next time I go. Thanks for the tip- and I will try that Maple soon.

bbsadmin

#10 Post by bbsadmin »

b]OH NO[/b]!!!! We let Lynn pun again!! :?
You don't want to get me started!!! I have more pun than a barrel of monkeys. :crazy:
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

rmwolf83

Re: BEWARE THE PUMPKIN SPICE

#11 Post by rmwolf83 »

Hey everybody- I haven't posted in a while- I have just been lurking around. But I had a bad staining experience and I just wanted to warn all of you. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte will turn ligs a very unattractive color. I have pearl ligs on top and I don't know what color to call them now-more like a tan. I normally drink one cup of regular coffee a day with little to no staining by the time of my next appointment but yesterday I got the Pumpkin Spice and UGHH let's just say its not pretty. Too bad- that latte really gets me in the mood for fall. Sorry if somebody already posted about this.
Oh my goodness, I know what you mean!! I got one last Friday on my lunch hour and couldn't believe my eyes when I looked in the mirror to brush my teeth when I got back! All I can say is yuck! My clear ligs cleaned up to an okay level of clear after lots o' brushing....just a little yellow/orangish around the spots where the lig actually crosses the wire. But my pastel pink bottom ligs are pretty funky looking! They're a really odd dingy pink. I will definitely be trying a straw next time, because heaven knows I'll never give up my lattes!!

~Rachel~

Debanding: 12/18/07!!! Yay!!!!!

Front Teeth Bracketed 7/25/2006
Back Teeth Banded 7/18/2006
Inspire Ice Uppers/front 8 w/ metal lowers
Treatment time: 19 - 26 mos.

Leslie022

#12 Post by Leslie022 »

Hmm...I decided to get the Maple Machiatto...I didn't like it much. I was surprised because my usual drink is the Caramel Machiatto. Maybe it will be Pumpkin Spice next time!!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

lesdents

#13 Post by lesdents »

Well, maybe people will think the orange-y ligs are festive.

You know, sometimes it's kind of liberating to have stained ligs - once they're stained, you feel so free to eat whatever you want and you don't rush to the mirror to see if something stained your teeth!

But then you smile for a photo, not thinking about it, and it comes back to haunt you later!

Ravishing

#14 Post by Ravishing »

I was at Starbucks this morning and noticed a little picture advertising a Maple Machiato but it wasn't on the main menu. I'm originally from Canada and all things Maple seem to remind me of home so I ordered it. It didn't stain my ligs at all and it helped a little with the homesickness I've been feeling this week.

All that to say if you're looking for a fall treat that won't stain, I highly recommend getting maple over pumpkin spice!

End rant!

Doh! Just noticed that you already posted about this, Meryaten. I'm such a nerd sometimes!! :roll:
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

Kris721

#15 Post by Kris721 »

Wwhat about staining with the gingerbread lattes? I can't face the holdiay season without at least 3 per week! If you haven't had one and you like gingerbread, you must try this beverage. They're fabulous!