5 months braces, feeling loose ....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

poloaa

5 months braces, feeling loose ....

#1 Post by poloaa »

Does anyone have the same problem like i do? i have braces for about 5 months, and i still feel my teeth are having the "clicking sound" (hope u understand what i try to say, like the bones and the teeth moving sound, hee hee) and sometimes i touch the teeth, they are like "so loose", is this normal, i think i need to ask my ortho on my next appt. I have heard of this from some people before, but i just want to hear more from you, thanks.
35 years old, mom of two
Est. treatment time:16 months

lionfish

#2 Post by lionfish »

Yeah, I've got an upper premolar that is clicking away right now. I must try and stop playing with it!

poloaa

#3 Post by poloaa »

and also my teeth are very yellowish now, what should i do???? do we still have the teeth cleaning regularly at dentist office??
35 years old, mom of two

lionfish

#4 Post by lionfish »

Yes, keep up your regular visits to the dentist (I go every 6 months). He/she will clean your teeth around the braces, either with or without the wire in place - check for preference first.

Zondrae

#5 Post by Zondrae »

yep I get clicky teeth from time to time. It moves around too. Today it is one of my upper front teeth! I also need to stop playing with them :oops:

Ravishing

#6 Post by Ravishing »

I play with my clicking teeth as well. At first it was just the bottom teeth but now my top teeth are doing it too. I can really tell that my top teeth are moving. I noticed a big space between 2 of them last night when I was flossing. Today I can really feel it with my tongue. I guess all that clicking is a good thing.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

Raspberry

#7 Post by Raspberry »

I have a case of the tooth clickies too.. lol
It's a good thing! it means they are loose and they want to move.. .woo hoo!

poloaa

#8 Post by poloaa »

what i worry is 1. if they will fall off ?? 2. will they get stable after the braces are off?? haha, so stupid to ask these questions, just my concern. Should i ask my ortho to refer me to a good dentist, the one i went was NOT good.
35 years old, mom of two

lionfish

#9 Post by lionfish »

No, they won't fall off. Yes, do get your ortho to recommend a dentist.