I hate spacers!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

science teacher

I hate spacers!

#1 Post by science teacher »

I CANNOT wait until next tuesday when the dang things ome out!! :evil:

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

Not long now :D

I'm in spacers for the second time and strangely enough this time I've hardly even noticed them. But the first time they bugged me like mad and I was set to rip them out.

If you can survive spacers you can survive braces :wink:

SDFD TSchott

#3 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I just got one spacer yesterday and its not that bad, I haven't had any pain at all not even little amounts of pain.

SDFD TSchott

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

brandee987

#4 Post by brandee987 »

Hope tuesday comes fast for you! I know i only had one tooth that needed spacers, I do not see how some of you guys handle so many spacers! I was literally climbing the wall the first night I had 2 spacers!!
Ceramic Upper braces: November 29, 2005
Metal Lowers go on: March 7th, 2006

SDFD TSchott

#5 Post by SDFD TSchott »

brandee987 wrote:Hope tuesday comes fast for you! I know i only had one tooth that needed spacers, I do not see how some of you guys handle so many spacers! I was literally climbing the wall the first night I had 2 spacers!!
Lets see its going on day 2 and I haven't had any pain period with just one spacer wounder if this is normal or do I have a very high pain tolerence.

SDFD TSchott

Lisa65

#6 Post by Lisa65 »

Perhaps your teeth just moved quickly Tim! :D Most people report spacers as being the worst part.

Mine haven't bothered me at all second time round though so I guess my teeth must have remembered where to go and shifted quicker. They will finally come out on Monday after being in for almost 3 weeks :banana:

newmetal

#7 Post by newmetal »

I hated spacers too. I find it amazing how much the spacers hurt and how little the atcual braces do.

lesdents

#8 Post by lesdents »

Spacers were the WORST!!!!

For the person who said it didn't hurt much - perhaps your teeth were not that crowded when it was put in? I think mine hurt so badly because they were SO jammed together, there was nowhere for the teeth to go. Plus, after the teeth did move, the spacers irritated my gums a lot.[/quote]

SDFD TSchott

#9 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I'm the one thats saying that spacers don't hurt. Yes it hurt for a few seconds when they first put it in but after that there was no pain there after. I still have the spacer in and its lose in between the two teeth so I'm sure it will fall out within a week or whatever and I was told to keep it in there for two weeks I don't think that will happen.

SDFD TSchott

SDFD TSchott

#10 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Well today 10-October-2006 I was eating chicken and the thing I woulden't think that would happen is that my spacer came out. Why would I only have spacers in for 3 days and the spacer would come out while eating chicken. Well I ended up stuffing the spacer back in and I'm sure its in there properly now cause I'm now feeling slight pain in that area where the spacer is back in at.

SDFD TSchott

IzzyCharm

#11 Post by IzzyCharm »

Before they put in my quadhelix I had 2 spacers on the right and one on the left. They were very painful for me and even caused headaches. I was a bad bad BAD girl.... I took needle nose pliers and pulled my first set of spacers out lol I'm on a medication called Midrin for headaches and even those pills wouldn't help the headache the spacers caused. The second set I kept in like a good girl for 4 days then they put my quadhelix in. I tip my hat to anyone who has had spacers and had no pain.

science teacher

spacers

#12 Post by science teacher »

I'm glad most people complain too.

I have 6 spacers in. 1 fell out (with help) Wednesday morning. They are not replacing it until Monday.

So I"m living with 5 spacers. I have a headache that I can't get rid of also. I'm doing all this to keep my TMJ functional as I age.

I get fitted for the RPE on Tuesday and get it placed 10/31. That will be 2 weeks later, do you think they will put the spacers back in?

BTW I also have a broken leg. My son asked why I'd have the spacers now, I told him so I wouldn't be grumpy for as long. :)

Kim

IzzyCharm

Re: spacers

#13 Post by IzzyCharm »

science teacher wrote:I'm glad most people complain too.

I have 6 spacers in. 1 fell out (with help) Wednesday morning. They are not replacing it until Monday.

So I"m living with 5 spacers. I have a headache that I can't get rid of also. I'm doing all this to keep my TMJ functional as I age.

I get fitted for the RPE on Tuesday and get it placed 10/31. That will be 2 weeks later, do you think they will put the spacers back in?

BTW I also have a broken leg. My son asked why I'd have the spacers now, I told him so I wouldn't be grumpy for as long. :)

Kim
Oh I feel for you. I hope it gets better for you. A broken leg AND spacers oh goodness. I'd need some heavy meds lol Bless your heart you are a better woman than I am. *hug*

niknikc

Re: spacers

#14 Post by niknikc »

I'm glad most people complain too.

Kim
Well said izzycharm! I greatly admire you science teacher, hope everything goes great for you and keep us informed! :D
"Blessed are the peacekeepers for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9

Top Braces: 9-26-06
Bottom Braces: 11-29-06

camille

#15 Post by camille »

i got spacers last thursday. OW! they were killing me for 3 days, and now i barely feel them, but they messed up my bite which is annoying me.