Over Two Months and Still happy

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tomjscott

Over Two Months and Still happy

#1 Post by tomjscott »

It's now been over 2 months since I ditched invisalign and went with Damon braces. I couldn't be happier. I have experienced no painful moments whatsoever and my teeth are really moving into position great. I couldn't be happier.

Zondrae

#2 Post by Zondrae »

That is good news. I'm glad it is working out for you.

Gennel

#3 Post by Gennel »

What problems did you have with invisilign? That is awesome that you feel comfortable and happy with your decision. I know invisilign works but I think the adjustments are like every 2 weeks? My neighbor has retainers that are basically invisilign style except these are her permanent shape since she's done with braces. She mentioned that they are painful right now and popping them off was not as easy as I've seen in commercials!
How long is your estimated treatment time for the Damons? You will be surprised at the progress and remember to take pictures at every adjustment! I take them once a month and my kids say I'm obsessed because of how many pics I have! lol
You are doing something great for yourself and the rewards are awesome!

Gennel

Gennel

#4 Post by Gennel »

oops ,hit the submit twice ..

tomjscott

#5 Post by tomjscott »

What problems did you have with invisilign? That is awesome that you feel comfortable and happy with your decision. I know invisilign works but I think the adjustments are like every 2 weeks? My neighbor has retainers that are basically invisilign style except these are her permanent shape since she's done with braces. She mentioned that they are painful right now and popping them off was not as easy as I've seen in commercials!
How long is your estimated treatment time for the Damons? You will be surprised at the progress and remember to take pictures at every adjustment! I take them once a month and my kids say I'm obsessed because of how many pics I have! lol
You are doing something great for yourself and the rewards are awesome!

Gennel
Here is my thread about my invisalign horror:

viewtopic.php?t=12448

My treatment on Damon braces is expected to be about 2 years.

knownothing

#6 Post by knownothing »

What all did this cost you?? Did the ortho charge you for both the invisalign and the braces or what??

tomjscott

#7 Post by tomjscott »

Fortunately, my ortho was kind enough to just keep my invisalign payment plan and not charge additional for the braces. Unfortunately, I end up paying a lot more for what should have been much less expensive. However, I can live with that.