Metal Brace TO Clear Brace..can do it yourself for $1!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

battleangel232232

Metal Brace TO Clear Brace..can do it yourself for $1!!!

#1 Post by battleangel232232 »

not sure if anyone tried this, here is the trick I found. If I put enough wax on my bracket it actually become less noticeable (make it look like u have clear brace!!) since the wax color match much better with my teeth color then the metal.

PS: dose anyone know is there a much whiter wax we can get to make the effect even better (my wax is still somewhat clear so you can still see a little of the metal after I applied it.)?

calypsojunky

#2 Post by calypsojunky »

LOL!
I actually noticed that once when I was putting on the wax for my poor ripped up mouth, but I never thought of actually doing it for asthetic purposes. I wonder if it'd be much bulkier than with just the brackets. I'll give it a try when I go home tonight.

battleangel232232

#3 Post by battleangel232232 »

Ya your brackets might get a little bit bigger after u applied the wax, but I believe if you were to get the original clear brace, it is also bigger then the metal brace. :wink:

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

LOLOL I've used about 4 packs of wax in the last 4 days but not for cosmetic reasons :?

Ravishing

#5 Post by Ravishing »

I have ceramic uppers so this wouldn't work for me.
Not sure what kind of wax you're using but I do have to say that I like Dentek wax waaaaay better than G.U.M. I find its not as sticky and squishy and doesn't have that weird mint taste to it. Dentek says its mint on the package but its got a very faint scent and no taste.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

calypsojunky

teehee

#6 Post by calypsojunky »

Just for fun, here are pictures of my "clear" Damon 3 braces.

and before:

bbsadmin

#7 Post by bbsadmin »

OK, but you might want to ask your orthodontist if all that wax will interfere with the wire/movement if you put it on constantly.

You guys are certainly resourceful.... :wink:
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

lemonlyme

#8 Post by lemonlyme »

interesting look.. I'll just keep my ceramics!

calypsojunky

#9 Post by calypsojunky »

To tell the truth, I couldn't be bothered to spend the time to smush the wax on everytime, and worry about them falling off--I'd have gotten ceramics in the first place. but i thought it was pretty clever.

Jesslzz

#10 Post by Jesslzz »

Wow! You made me laugh out loud! I will definetely try to do that on one of those days I feel like "Oh...I wish I had ceramics...Tired of all this metal..."

It sounds like a very fun thing to try for us metalmouths...What a creative mind you have!!!

Full metalmouth!

drazda

#11 Post by drazda »

I did this before... Just to see what it looks like. I didn't like the bulky look. It just looked like I had a ton of gook stuck to my teeth. Very creative though. ;)
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!