I think I have a dry socket :(

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Joanna20

I think I have a dry socket :(

#1 Post by Joanna20 »

I think I have a dry socket guys :( The pain has been huge, I followed all the instructions from my doctor but I still think I got one.
The tooth right behind it feels really loose, unusually loose which is scaring me...
The jaw itself is pretty sore as well... I've tried to get a picture from a dry socket but couldn't find it...
It this doesn't get better untill tomorrow I'm considering going to an emergency appointment...

Joana :(

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

cbushnaq

#2 Post by cbushnaq »

I've had a dry socket before and the pain was intolerable. My advice is to get in so that they can pack it and get you on some pain meds. I wouldn't wait.

Good luck,
Cindy

Jillianleab

#3 Post by Jillianleab »

A friend of mine had a dry socket after having her wisdom teeth removed. Apparently is happens in one out of every so many patients. I would go have it looked at asap!
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Beckvan

GO NOW!!

#4 Post by Beckvan »

I had a dry socket when I had my wisdom teeth out & you should NOT wait till tomorrow-call your dentist NOW & let them know whats going. Don't suffer with this when they can fix it for you.
Hang in there!! this is just a small thing-not that other things are going to get bigger mind you but this is alllllll fixable, so MAKE THAT CALL!! :lol: :wink:

sjsarre

#5 Post by sjsarre »

I had a dry socket.. Maybe I was a bit naughty but I made it bleed again on purpose and it clogged up again and I had not pain!

Not that i'm saying you should do that.. But I know the pain you are in!

Ravishing

#6 Post by Ravishing »

I had a microscopic dry socket after my extractions and it caused a fair amount of pain. I can't imagine what a full blown one must feel like. Call your dentist and have it looked at. Mine was small enough that it didn't need to be packed - she just gave me a prescription for pain killers and an antibiotic in case I needed them.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

samantha_lou

#7 Post by samantha_lou »

Get an appointment with your general dentist and/or oral surgeon that did the extractions. They can pack the socket with some magic paste that will really help with the pain and will prescribe any medication they deem neccasary.

Good luck, and I hope you get sorted soon!

Joanna20

#8 Post by Joanna20 »

hey guys, I'm feeling a lot better now. And the extraction site is looking much better. I went to school and everything. Maybe it isn't a dry socket after all, if I'm all that marvelous tomorrow I won't call.
I'll see him on Tuesday. Thank you all for your nice advice!

Joana

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February