did your lip thickness increase??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

eooo

did your lip thickness increase??

#1 Post by eooo »

did your lip thickness increase after your brace treatment? or along your treatment??

sportsgrl97

#2 Post by sportsgrl97 »

everyone who i have seen in braces seem like their lips are bigger and then when the get them off their facial profile changes a little....

Zondrae

#3 Post by Zondrae »

I've always had a very small top lip & it seems bigger/fuller with braces on. I'm hoping my teeth keep it that way after I'm de-braced - it looks better!

Joel-

#4 Post by Joel- »

I have big lips already, so I hope they don't increase lip thickness.

rsprouse

Re: did your lip thickness increase??

#5 Post by rsprouse »

did your lip thickness increase after your brace treatment? or along your treatment??
To increase lip thickness you would need some sort of plastic surgery (collagen injection or similar). Your lips may appear thicker after/during treatment depending on your arch. What happens is that your teeth will help support the muscles of your lips and push them out appearing larger. Ever seen a person without teeth? They have a standard facial collapse around their lips and they appear really tiny. Pop in their denture and things return to normal.

Regards,
Rory

Lyn

#6 Post by Lyn »

RORY
Wow! I never thought it that way before - - sure does make sense!
I have full lips too, and am hoping they slim down a little once these babies come off! :lol:
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

diande

#7 Post by diande »

It sure felt so after the braces were initially put in, but by this time, I realise it was just the novelty of it, and the fact that added to an overbite, I had brackets on top of my teeth!
Upper and lower bonded retainers; Upper Hawley for night time

DEBANDED ON FRIDAY 15TH AUGUST 2008 - FINALLY!!!

Braced on 13 September 2006 - Ceramic upper and lower brackets - Estimated time was 12 Months

weird_wired

#8 Post by weird_wired »

Your lips do get pushed out, which creates a fuller effect, but I think it's more than that.

The braces irritate your lips and gums throughout the treatment (even when you are used to them) and I believe they increase blood flow slightly. Similar to lip glosses like Lip Venom that make lips tingle and swell a little.

My lips have definitely been noticeably fuller throughout the treatment. Whether they will stay that way with the braces removed remains to be seen!

Ravishing

#9 Post by Ravishing »

This morning my *oh so sensitive* husband said that the way my top lip sticks out with my braces makes my lips in profile look like a duck!! :shock:

I do have a pretty bad overbite/jet and I have to admit that I'm not completely happy with the way my lips sit on my braces presently. BUT, its been less than a month and I know my extraction gaps will close and I will look less duck-like in time. He still really didn't have to say it, though!

I also do have to defend him in advance by saying that he didn't say it in a mean way or to offend me. We were discussing my braces and the appearance of them when he said it.

Bring on the power chains and close these gaps!! LOL
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

Tin Indian

#10 Post by Tin Indian »

Oddly enough, my lips don't seem any bigger than before( looking in the mirror). I sorta wish they were, It would be easier to pucker up and kiss the wife!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

kmr4988

#11 Post by kmr4988 »

yeah, i have full lips already, and with the braces they're insane. :? ah well. not such a bad thing i guess. some people have to get injections for full lips...all we need are the braces :P

flowrs04

#12 Post by flowrs04 »

I hear ya! I have full lips and with the braces they look even bigger. But I have notices ever nice I got my braces my lips have been really dry. Thank god for chap stick. lol

eooo

#13 Post by eooo »

but did your lip thickness decrease after your treatment??? compare before you got brace?????

bip

#14 Post by bip »

i hope mine end up looking like angelina jolie's. ha ha ha ha!!!!

Kat

#15 Post by Kat »

Now my sister had braces years back...we have the same teeth I mean the same. After her treatment her lips were thicker than normal not by leaps and bounds but looked VERY nice. She had them done at about14 years old. Now I'm at 44 years old and am hoping I have close results to her. If so I'll have a bit of thickness. Our top teeth are pushed back a bit so with some luck this will help my lips as well.