Anyone dressing up for Halloween?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ravishing

#16 Post by Ravishing »

bracedagain wrote:I have a large front porch and always decorate it all up with my stereo speakers playing scary sounds and music. Then I usually dress up in something scary looking. :twisted:

One year I didn't do all of this and the kids were disapointed and asked how come I didn't decorate and dress up, then asked me to be sure and do it the following year, which I did! So now I have to do it every year and always change the decorations. It's fun to watch some of the smaller kids with their parents trying to talk the kids into coming up on the porch to get their candy. So Sometimes I have to take off my mask :paperbag: and go down the steps to give it to them. Hee-Hee! :lol: I have as much fun as the kids.
Every year my mom decorates the house and has scary sound effects playing. Then she dresses up as Frankenstein - complete with a full mask and glow in the dark rubber hands. She will sit in a chair and not move. When people are convinced that she is fake she will jump up and scare them. Every year without fail at least one parent yells at her for making things too scary for their children. :roll:

Another thing she does is make cookies that look like fingers. She uses blanched almonds as the fingernail and puts red gel icing around it so that it looks bloody. She gives them out to friends, neighbours, and coworkers every year. A lot of people are too grossed out by the appearance to eat them.
[/url]
Was braced for all 9 months of my pregnancy and managed to keep fresh elastics on during all 26 hours of labor!!

Jillianleab

#17 Post by Jillianleab »

A few years ago my husband and I did the Catholic School Girl/Priest thing. This year we are going to a family-oriented party one of his coworkers is throwing, so he's going to be a Doctor, and I'm a nurse. Still a little sketchy, since his doctor's coat says "Dr. Harry Bush, Gynocologist" and my nurses outfit is a little dress. I'm toning it down by not doing high heels and stockings though :)

Last year we bought the dog a doggy monster mask - it's a little too small to fit properly, but I put it on her anyway :)
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

GemGal

#18 Post by GemGal »

ghotieyes!

YOU STOLE MY IDEA! LOL
XOXO
GemGal

Sherri

#19 Post by Sherri »

I had my first hey Sherri you should go as Ugly Betty for Halloween!! :oops:

krooner

Ugly Betty

#20 Post by krooner »

I saw my Mom last week and it was the first time she's seen me with braces. She said "let me see" and I smiled big for her. Then she quipped "hey, you look like Ugly Betty!" :lol: I said, "gee thanks Mom". She then started to backtrack, saying "no, she's a beautiful girl, have you ever seen the show?", etc. I just laughed. :wink:

bbsadmin

#21 Post by bbsadmin »

My kids would KILL ME if I dressed up.

OMG Mom, you are SO EMBARRASSING!!!!!!!!!

But in the past, my favorite costume was to dress up like a Vulcan from THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO ADMINISTRATOR. I even fashioned myself some pointy ears and made a "communicator" from an old makeup compact and put some odds and ends inside to look like circuitry.

Or I was a punk. I had plenty of that stuff left over from my younger clubbing days, so that was easy.

When my kids were little, I went to school as a "reading witch" and read stories to the kindgergarten and first grade kids.

But now, alas.....nothing....
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

M1k3y

#22 Post by M1k3y »

I usually dress up as something outrageous and this year will be no different. I will be a condom dispenser this Halloween. :lol:
Braced 5-27-06 - 18 months with braces
Case 1 - minor crookedness
Envision Composite Brackets
M1k3y's introduction with photos
M1k3y's journey with photos

Debranded 3-20-08

trequ

#23 Post by trequ »

i got black on top and orange on bottom for ligs!!

IzzyCharm

#24 Post by IzzyCharm »

This year I'm dressing up as the Devil heehee My family says that wont be too much of a stretch for me lol Maybe after Halloween we can all post pictures of our costumes.