Am I the oldest?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

iBorg

Am I the oldest?

#1 Post by iBorg »

Noticed a lot of people concerned about getting started in this process in their mid 30's. I'm 48 (egads!), am I the oldest brace weared that is active on this forum?

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Kat

#2 Post by Kat »

You have me beat by 4 years.

Ronsie

#3 Post by Ronsie »

I'm approaching 43.

Aine

#4 Post by Aine »

maybe its me.....I'm 48 and 4 months!!

iBorg

#5 Post by iBorg »

Aine
You got me by three months. My B day was in September. My other B day is in September. How far along are you in this process?

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

Tin Indian

#6 Post by Tin Indian »

53'
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Tin Indian

#7 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Born on date:1953
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

Aine

#8 Post by Aine »

Hi Iborg,

I will be 15 months in next week and I have an estimated total time of 20 months. I have upper ceramic and lower metal. I've pretty much had the general selection of items... 2 upper premolar extractions (the day after I got my upper ceramics), powerchains (since my first adjustment), springs (first 3 months to close extraction gaps) and elastics (for the last 5 months). Currently I have upper powerchains and a box configuration across the front upper and lower using "Giant Pandas".

I must say that it is the greatest thing I have ever done for myself and the only regret I have is that I didn't start it at 27 instead of 47!!! The response I've had from people of all ages has been so encouraging and I absolutly love it when I smile at kids with braces and they give me a big smile back (and a giggle) when they see my braces!!! The last 15 months has absolutly flown by and I would do it all again in a hearbeat.

Best wishes as you start your journey!!!

bip

#9 Post by bip »

38 - but as i tell it - 27 and HOLDING! :wink:

Lisa65

#10 Post by Lisa65 »

41 here :D

bbsadmin

#11 Post by bbsadmin »

I believe that Huon is one of the oldest members on this forum. He is in his 70s if memory serves me correctly.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Betty Bat

#12 Post by Betty Bat »

I'm 54 and I've been braced for a year now. Hope to have them off before I turn 55!

By the way, they have done a great job and fixing what needed to be fixed and getting me ready for the dental implants I will be getting at the end of this. The implants will be replacing two baby teeth that didn't get replaced by permanent teeth. One of the baby teeth was pulled when I was 12 and the other was pulled last year, when I was 54. So, was I the oldest person on the board who still had baby teeth (well, one baby tooth anyway)?

Aine

#13 Post by Aine »

Hi Betty Bat!

I am 48 and still have a baby tooth (bottom). Dentist won't pull because the roots are still in great shape......looks like I'll probably have it for life!!

saibass

oldest???

#14 Post by saibass »

I'm 50 and started my treatment last February, right before the big 50. Wish I had done this completely when I was 15, but so glad I'm doing it now!
:D
saibass

HeadgearJoe

#15 Post by HeadgearJoe »

i'm 49
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08