Query, help!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Iccle_Peanut

Query, help!!

#1 Post by Iccle_Peanut »

Hi everyone, i've had my brace on now for nearly a month. Since i have had my brace put on i've been having the shakes, feeling nauseous, light headed and a feeling of being spaced out!!!!!

I had a small black out which caused me to fall badly and yesterday i nearly passed out!!!

I'm seeing my doctor on tuesday!!! (earliest appointment) :roll: but i find it strange that this all started when i got brace, never ever before had these sensations!!

Has anyone else has this? Or am i just assuming the wrong thing....it's weird!

Apart from this i am totally fine!!! The only other thing i could put it down to is being a veggie??? Alot of people say i could be ill as i might not get enough protein?? I've been veggie nearly a year though and this started since getting braced!

Thankyou everyone in advance
23rd June - First Consultation at ortho
24 July - Second Consultation - Decide on top braces
29 August - Decide on top and bottom braces.
Tops go on 26th Sept and bottoms 2-3 months after

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

What you're describing sounds like low blood sugar. Have you reduced your intake of sugary foods since being braced, or are you skipping meals because you don't want to be brushing your teeth?

Joanna20

#3 Post by Joanna20 »

Hi! I don't think braces 'cause these things. However I got a tooth extracted on Tuesday (and my archwire wasn't removed during/post extraction and on Wednesday morning I almost fainted in Uni...
It's probably because you can't eat so well with braces that you're loosing minerals and essencial protein etc. I've lost so much weight since getting braces, I'm taking vitamins from time to time and you should see your doctor and buy some vitamins as well.

Good luck

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

newmetal

#4 Post by newmetal »

Elo iccle peanut!

You should have asked for an emergency appoinment and got seen that day, you should not have to experience these blackouts any longer.

Could it be an allergic reaction to the brace materials? Im sure situations like this can arise, although, it does sound like the symptons of anemia. This is not something to worry too much about as it is quite common and usually is treated by giving you iron tablets. The doctor will probably give you a blood test and then diagnose the problem. I hope your problem is sorted soon!

Once again dont worry too much about it, it could be a thousand things, tiredness, stress, anemia, allergies...and the list continues!

Newmetal