Oh, it feels so good...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Attagirl2

Oh, it feels so good...

#1 Post by Attagirl2 »

Well, the day finally arrived. My braces were removed, with only one - oops.... The last molar band to be removed, also removed the crown. He was able to do all the finaly cleaning even though the crown was missing. I left the office with a lower, permanent retainer (a wire that connects fang to fang (all the teeth in between are not connected) - because of my body's ability to make tartar, he raised the retainer wire hirer up the teeth so that it shouldn't cause any problems with my gums.)

I also have a bite positioner that covers both upper and lower teeth. Biting into that every hour sure makes the jaw tired. I will wear this 24/7 for 48 hours and then 5 hours a day and at night until I get my upper retainer.

Back to the oops.... I called my dentist's office before I left the orthodontists. The office was closed and the two phone numbers I called for emergency help just had me leave messages. Since I am going out of town tomorrw morning, I had to make other plans. My husband goes to a different dentist and luckily they were able to glue the crown back on. There was no decay, so there was no "work" involved other than preping the area and cleaning up what cement pushed out around it. Still, I had to have a shot of novicane.

:) Attagirl
Had Damon 3 / Smart Clips for almost 2 years
Now in Hawley upper 10 hours/day, permanent lower retainers

BlueeyedManda

#2 Post by BlueeyedManda »

Congrats!!! even though I am so very jealous! Enjoy your new smile.

Caroline

#3 Post by Caroline »

I can relate, it does feel good, doesn't it?? Congrats on making it through!
Ceramics
Top braced January 7, 2005
Bottom braced February 4, 2005
Tops off July 10, 2006!!!
Bottoms off August 15, 2006!!!

alexa

#4 Post by alexa »

Congrats!

Even with the crown "oops", it still sounds like a pretty awesome event! :D
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Jillianleab

#5 Post by Jillianleab »

Congrats! How exciting :)
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

Buttoneyz

#6 Post by Buttoneyz »

Yeah!! Congrats! Does it feel funny? I can't imagine getting used to the braces - let alone getting them off one day... What happened to the crown? Did it just come off with the band? I worry about that because both of my upper bands are attached to crowns- they had a wicked time getting a tight fit - I'm thinking I should plan on new crowns in 2 years? yikes -- I'm glad you got yours fixed quickly..Enjoy your "new mouth!

fully braced 10/9/06

simplywired

#7 Post by simplywired »

Lucky you! Pictures please of your beautiful naked smile! Congratulations :!:

Clo

#8 Post by Clo »

Hi Attagirl,

congratulations !!!
And do you like your teeth, now that the braces are off ?
Another question. Will you, even as you are now bracefree,
keep visiting us here from time to time ?

Attagirl2

#9 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi everyone and thanks.
Buttoneyz, yes, the crown came off with the band - super good cement, it was... Anyway, the crown was not damaged and the under lying tooth was ok, so it was just a matter of cleaning / disinfecting the area and then recementing. I was lucky that my husbands dental office could see me as a walk in...
Clo, yes I like the new smile. It is getting better as I use the bite positioner. I didn't realize how much it would finish off the teeth - but boy, is it a lot of pain! I reread the directions and I am to bite into it and hold for 20 seconds EVERY 15 MINUTES! Most of the movement will be done in the first 48 hours, so after that it should lesson up. Haven't thrown out the ibuprophin yet!

:) Attagirl2

Lisa65

#10 Post by Lisa65 »

I'm so jealous! :cry:

Seriously though, great news on finally being debanded. I'm glad you managed to get the crown glued back on without having to wait. Hope the bite positioner soon eases up!

Enjoy your new smile :D

Chris

#11 Post by Chris »

CONGRATULATIONS ! ! !

I am SO happy for you!!! :-)o

Got some photos? :D
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Tin Indian

#12 Post by Tin Indian »

:D Congratulations!!
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08

momof2grlz

#13 Post by momof2grlz »

Hey, Attagirl! Way to go!!!!!!!!!

Where are the pics of your gorgeous new smile?

Congratulations! Enjoy the ribs, caramel apples, corn on the cob, popcorn, peanuts . . . (Can you tell I'm getting tired of these things?)

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

Henna_the_braceface

#14 Post by Henna_the_braceface »

congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attagirl2

#15 Post by Attagirl2 »

Hi folks. Made it to Tennessee and back ok. Thank you all for the congratulations. As I said before, the bite positioner has really finished off the bite. Unfortunately, when they took off the wires to make the impressions for the bite positoner, my lower left side dropped down a bit - I had been wearing elastics to bring it up. I mentioned this to the orthodontist. The postioner came back with this dip molded into it. Since it took 3 weeks to get the positioner, I used elastics to bring up the left side where it belonged. Long story short, the bite positioner is forcing my left side too low. So on Saturday, I quit wearing it (I was in Tennessee) until I can get to my orthodontist for an adjustment on Monday. I have been checking my upper bite periodically, and it seems to be holding fairly well, so this shouldn't set me back too far. I am to get impressions made for a Hawley retainer on Wednesday, if all goes well.

And Clo, yes I will check in occationally to say hi. As for pictures, I will try tomorrow to get a picture and have it posted in my Avatar - my son takes care of that for me...